Old June 16th 04, 03:27 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Henry Kisor" wrote in message ...
I've just bought myself a new Garmin handheld GPS. I noticed that the auto
dash mount is stuck to the dashboard with some kind of double-stick stuff.
Is it OK by the FAA to stick the mount onto my airplane's glare shield this
way, or do they consider it a permanent installation and require 337s and
stuff?

What about using strong Velcro? Will that pass muster with the FAA as a
temporary installation?

Henry

The FAA actually specifically says that items attached by Velcro do
not need a 337. Technically you need a 337 to attach a GPS via a yoke
mount.

-Robert