Seeking specific Cessna POHs

Old September 7th 03, 11:57 PM
Craig Prouse

Default Seeking specific Cessna POHs

"Andrew Gideon" wrote:

Any suggestions as to where I might buy/order copies would be very much
appreciated.

1979 172N
1982 172P Super Skyhawk
1980 182Q
1979 R182 (I think this is right; it's a 182 retractable)

As this question has been asked many, many times before, many good answers
are archived in Google. The simplest answer is that you can order them
directly from Cessna (Single Engine Parts/Service) with a telephone and a
credit card.

Old September 9th 03, 10:12 PM
Mike S.

"Craig Prouse" wrote in message
"Andrew Gideon" wrote:

Any suggestions as to where I might buy/order copies would be very much
appreciated.

1979 172N
1982 172P Super Skyhawk
1980 182Q
1979 R182 (I think this is right; it's a 182 retractable)

As this question has been asked many, many times before, many good answers
are archived in Google. The simplest answer is that you can order them
directly from Cessna (Single Engine Parts/Service) with a telephone and a
credit card.

http://www.pilotshop.cc/aircraft-manuals.html

--Mike

Old September 9th 03, 10:37 PM
Craig Prouse

"Andrew Gideon" wrote:

Any suggestions as to where I might buy/order copies would be very much
appreciated.

1979 172N
1982 172P Super Skyhawk
1980 182Q
1979 R182 (I think this is right; it's a 182 retractable)

As this question has been asked many, many times before, many good answers
are archived in Google. The simplest answer is that you can order them
directly from Cessna (Single Engine Parts/Service) with a telephone and a
credit card.

http://www.pilotshop.cc/aircraft-manuals.html

Yeah, and all four of them are on the retail shelf at the FBO down at my
nearest airport too. They're not hard to find.

Look, I directed the original poster straight to the source for Cessna POHs
(i.e. Cessna), and to Google for the many other possibilities that have been
posted many times before, and yet several people seem to need to reply to me
(I've received personal email as well) with an exhaustive list of every
other place that sells POHs.

Hint guys, I wasn't the one that asked the question and the answers are
already out there. This particular URL was posted twice in
rec.aviation.student just last month. Google is your friend.

Old September 10th 03, 12:06 AM
Andrew Gideon

Craig Prouse wrote:

Yeah, and all four of them are on the retail shelf at the FBO down at my
nearest airport too. They're not hard to find.

Sure. At your FBO. Grumble Not mine.

[...]
Hint guys, I wasn't the one that asked the question and the answers are
already out there. This particular URL was posted twice in
rec.aviation.student just last month. Google is your friend.

Well, I appreciated the postings (although nobody emailed me {8^). I
checked Cessna's web site, and I found a catalog in PDF, but not much else.
I decided to hit one of the other shops that had been mentioned, and have
ordered at least most of what I want (I neglected to order one).

But, as I was looking around, a question arose.

The FBO where I typically fly has a 1977 182Q POH. I was looking for a 1980
182Q POH. Are these the same? That is, if the model "number" is the same,
is it the same product even if of a different year?

- Andrew

Old September 10th 03, 02:09 AM
Craig Prouse

Andrew Gideon wrote:

The FBO where I typically fly has a 1977 182Q POH. I was looking for a 1980
182Q POH. Are these the same? That is, if the model "number" is the same,
is it the same product even if of a different year?

There are some notable differences between the various model years of the
C182Q, which would need to be reflected in the POH. Relative to the 1977
model, subsequent model years introduced the following substantial features:

1978 - 182Q
1. 28 volt electrical system.
2. Avionics master switch.

1979 - 182Q
1. Integral fuel tanks (wet wing) replaces fuel bladders,
usable fuel increased to 88 gallons (92 total capacity).

1980 - 182Q
1. New design audio panel and marker beacon.
2. Flap position control indicator redesigned.
3. Pull type alternator circuit breaker installed.
4. EGT optional.

[Source: Cessna Pilots Association C182 model history.]

Old September 10th 03, 06:44 PM
Craig Prouse

http://customer.cessna.com/se/support.chtml
http://customer.cessna.com/se/contactus.chtml

Old September 11th 03, 06:28 PM
Andrew Gideon

Craig Prouse wrote:

"Andrew Gideon" wrote:

I checked Cessna's web site, and I found a catalog in PDF,
but not much else.

http://customer.cessna.com/se/support.chtml
http://customer.cessna.com/se/contactus.chtml

But look at:

http://www.esscoaircraft.com/airman1.html
http://www.marvgolden.com/pilothandbooks/poh.htm

I was able to locate precisely what I wanted. I'm sure I could have called
Cessna and spoken to someone, but this just seems easier to me.

- Andrew