Total laughable bull****

Old May 9th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.politics.homosexuality
EridanMan

Default Total laughable bull****

On May 9, 4:45 am, "lab~rat :-)" wrote:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...rport08may08,0,...

Now the bible is hate speech and a death threat. Being offended is
one thing, but give me a break. The jackass that did this should be
made to apologize and that's the end of it.

The guy that did it clearly is a low IQ baggage handler. And being a
baggage handler, he had something in common with the gay guys.

Now we have two self righteous homosexuals forcing the 'change in
policy' or whatever at FLL, and they are contemplating filing criminal
charges against the guy. Good luck proving that he even knew the gays
were there, he claimed he didn't.

More of Al Gayda taking its toll on society.

PS: Anyone know where I can get a copy of what was played? I'd like
to use it as a ring tone. You know, just for laughs...

Luggage handler fired for blasting anti-gay Bible verse at Fort
Lauderdale airport

By Juan Ortega
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 8 2007

FORT LAUDERDALE á An apologetic, self-described prankster was fired
Monday after officials said they found out he used an airport speaker
system to play a Bible verse that offended a gay couple.

Luggage attendant Jethro Monestime, 23, who worked for Superior
Aircraft Services at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
for about a year, admitted he was responsible for playing the
controversial message twice in the baggage area of Terminal 3 at about
12:45 a.m. May 1.

Monestime recalled using his cell phone to play a recording that said,
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, they should be put
to death." The announcement came from Leviticus 20:13.

Anthony Niedwiecki, 40, a Nova Southeastern University law professor
who heard the broadcast with his six-year partner, Waymon Hudson, said
Monday he didn't consider it a prank. He said he was scared to hear
the recording in a baggage terminal with few people and no security
nearby.

"It was a death threat," Niedwiecki said. "I appreciate the fact that
police followed up on this."

Niedwiecki and Hudson, both of Oakland Park, filed the complaint to
airport officials that started the investigation.

"I just want to apologize to everybody who was involved, especially
the couple," Monestime said at his Hollywood home, still wearing his
work uniform Monday afternoon. "I didn't think it was going to hurt
anybody."

Denise Tertulien, an aunt who lives with Monestime, said relatives
were disappointed in him. Tertulien said the family was eating dinner
Sunday when four investigators arrived and woke up Monestime to talk
to him.

"I was shocked and he was worried," Tertulien said.

Danny Pyne, co-owner of Superior Aircraft, a private company with more
than 100 employees at the airport, said Monestime was fired Monday and
the company had issued an apology to Niedwiecki and Hudson.

Broward County Mayor Josephus Eggelletion Jr., who held a news
conference Monday to announce officials had found the culprit,
declined to say how Monestime was identified as the broadcaster.

Eggelletion said the Sheriff's Office would turn the case over to the
Broward State Attorney's Office to determine whether criminal charges
should be filed.

Monestime said a friend sent the verse to his cell phone. He said he
played it over the intercom without considering the consequences and
didn't know a gay couple was in the airport at the time.

Airport officials will review policies in hopes of preventing another
such incident, said Bob Bielek, interim director of the county
aviation department.

Staff Researcher Jeremy Milarsky contributed to this report.

Juan Ortega can be reached at or
954-572-2004.

--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

I know this is trollish, immature, cross-posted nonsense... but I have
to reply anyways.

Why is it that people of very strong faith get so _tremendously_
offended when there is a backlash against their airing their
inherently personal tenets in a public and often extremely
inappropriate way?

Faith is personal, it inherently resides between ourselves and our
subjective realities. It is powerful and emotional...

But simple, civilized adult society simply requires that we put aside
such strong emotions during formal interactions. It would not have
been appropriate for the Baggage handler to throw a fit about a recent
breakup or death in his family... This is no different. It is a
simple matter of maturity, the ability of the Employee to put aside
his personal subjective emotional state and fulfill the roll required
by his job. He was unable to do this, and he deserves no more respect
than a child throwing a tantrum in a supermarket for it.

Faith is not a carte-blanche to ignore the rules of civilized
behavior. When people of faith are so pushed by their emotions to
flagrantly violate common sense, the consequences of those actions are
not persecution for that individuals faith... simply their lack of
maturity.

Deal with it.

Old May 9th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.politics.homosexuality
Kobra

[...]

Well written! I agree completely.

Old May 9th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.politics.homosexuality
Erik

"Kobra" wrote in message

Faith is not a carte-blanche to ignore the rules of civilized
behavior. When people of faith are so pushed by their emotions to
flagrantly violate common sense, the consequences of those actions are
not persecution for that individuals faith... simply their lack of
maturity.

Well written! I agree completely.

Heh. Faith is one thing. Fred Phelps and the phelps clan are
completely something else. In the bible, it even says, "Do not
sow your seeds among the rocks" Do not preach to those who do
not want to listen. But some damn bible-thumpers think it's
their job to judge. Oh wait, it says something about that in the
bible, too, doesn't it.

Old May 10th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.politics.homosexuality
Zeligg

On 9 May 2007 12:05:22 -0700, EridanMan wrote:

On May 9, 4:45 am, "lab~rat :-)" wrote:
[...]

Not to be a "me too" kind of guy, but very nicely put.

Zeligg

"You are megalomaniac, the worst kind, because you're a monstrous and
perverted idiot."
Oz' love letter to Zeligg

Total laughable bullshit Bozo Piloting 0 May 9th 07 07:24 PM
Total laughable bullshit Cripple Piloting 0 May 9th 07 07:09 PM
I want to ask ... Grumman-581 Piloting 2 May 23rd 05 12:28 AM