1952 newsreel- latest futuristic and experimental aircraft

Old February 22nd 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default 1952 newsreel- latest futuristic and experimental aircraft

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJOS2VWaPU

I poste this video in RAH, thn thought some in RAP might find it
iteresing. That second plane looks a lot like the bumblebee, maybe
even smaller. Would any of you fly it?

Wil
Old February 22nd 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

William Hung wrote in news:0863c542-d316-41d4-96c4-
:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJOS2VWaPU

I poste this video in RAH, thn thought some in RAP might find it
iteresing. That second plane looks a lot like the bumblebee, maybe
even smaller. Would any of you fly it?

That's Ray Stits' Skybaby. It's in the EAA museum AFAIK. I think it still
holds the smallest airplane ( wingspan) record. there were a few
homebuilders that got involved in a ****ing contest for the smallest around
that time.
He said it was a handful to fly. You can see that on the takeoff. One of
the biggest problems it had was the ASI didn;'t work worth a damn because
it wasn't possible to get the pitot far enough away from the prop wash..

Bertie
Old February 22nd 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 23, 4:55*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in news:0863c542-d316-41d4-96c4-
:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMJOS2VWaPU

I poste this video in RAH, thn thought some in RAP might find it
iteresing. *That second plane looks a lot like the bumblebee, maybe
even smaller. *Would any of you fly it?

That's Ray Stits' Skybaby. It's in the EAA museum AFAIK. I think it still
holds the smallest airplane ( wingspan) record. there were a few
homebuilders that got involved in a ****ing contest for the smallest around
that time.
He said it was a handful to fly. You can see that on the takeoff. One of
the biggest problems it had was the ASI didn;'t work worth a damn because
it wasn't possible to get the pitot far enough away from the prop wash..

Hey Bertie why didn't you build one of these:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDmnjwbJrVM

Cheers

Old February 22nd 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

WingFlaps wrote in
:

[...]

Saw the first one at OSH many years ago. Pretty cool machine. There's at
least one that flew with two model airplane jet engines! There's another
youtube clip somewhere of one doing some low level aerobatics.
Old February 22nd 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

On Feb 22, 12:40*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote :

[...]

youtube clip somewhere of one doing some low level aerobatics.- Hide quoted text -

Here are some photos of the Cri Cri jet...

http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html
Old February 22nd 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Phil J wrote in
:

On Feb 22, 12:40*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote
innews:4354685b-eb07-4141-b342-53922

:

[...]

How cool is that, eh? IIRC the takeoff roll is very long, but once it's
up and going it's fine.

Bertie

Old February 22nd 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

On Feb 22, 12:48*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Phil J wrote :

[...]

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Bet it really turns heads on the ramp when you fire up those engines!

Phil
Old February 22nd 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Phil J wrote in
:

On Feb 22, 12:48*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Phil J wrote
innews:b0042c55-b4fa-4580-982c-1b3b29

:

[...]

How about four of 'em?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SHYXrqoS08o&feature=related

Bertie
Old February 22nd 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 22, 1:58*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Phil J wrote :

[...]

Saw that, the guy's got balls.

I like the Cri Cri, once I get enough experience, I just might get me
one O'Dem.

Wil
Old February 22nd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

William Hung wrote in
:

On Feb 22, 1:58*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Phil J wrote
innews:2730f5bf-c1b9-4619-9c0c-cf8a7b

:

[...]

Yeah, they are cool! There doesn't seem to be any plans available
anymore, though someone is selling copies on CD in Ebay. I don't know if
there is some reason he decided no to sell them anymore. Someone in RAH
would know, I'm sure.

Bertie