Jet Fighter WEP?

Old September 18th 04, 09:59 PM
Nele VII

Default Jet Fighter WEP?

I know that some fighter jets have somewhat like WEP (war emergency power).

MiG-21Bis/R-25 -13,000lb dry/15650 AFB/19-20,000 "Chrezvychayniy Regime"
(WEP)
Kfir C2/J79 -"Combat Plus"
F16/J79 Prototype- "Combat Plus"
F-8 Crusader "Waweoff power"

Now, I know for a MiG. Any other airplanes/engines that can be "overrevv'd"?

Nele

NULLA ROSA SINE SPINA

Old September 19th 04, 02:02 AM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"Nele VII" writes:
I know that some fighter jets have somewhat like WEP (war emergency power).

MiG-21Bis/R-25 -13,000lb dry/15650 AFB/19-20,000 "Chrezvychayniy Regime"
(WEP)
Kfir C2/J79 -"Combat Plus"
F16/J79 Prototype- "Combat Plus"
F-8 Crusader "Waweoff power"

Now, I know for a MiG. Any other airplanes/engines that can be "overrevv'd"?

The ATAR 9 on the Mirage III, IV, adn V series airplanes had an
overspeed mode for supersonic flight, which added about 5-10% to the
available thrust.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old September 19th 04, 04:21 AM

The early versions of the F100 (-100 , -200) engines used in the F15 and F16
aircraft were downtrimmed for reduced thrust and increased engine life in
peace time operation. There was on override switch in the cockpit (safety
wired in position) which could be thrown to allow the engine to operate at
it full rating. Not sure if the recent -200 ILC or -229 engines are
similarly trimmed.

Mark

Old September 19th 04, 12:38 PM
John Cook

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 03:21:43 GMT,
wrote:

EJ200 +15% war setting

The early versions of the F100 (-100 , -200) engines used in the F15 and F16
aircraft were downtrimmed for reduced thrust and increased engine life in
peace time operation. There was on override switch in the cockpit (safety
wired in position) which could be thrown to allow the engine to operate at
it full rating. Not sure if the recent -200 ILC or -229 engines are
similarly trimmed.

Mark

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk
Old September 19th 04, 06:47 PM
Darrell S

Nele VII wrote:
I know that some fighter jets have somewhat like WEP (war emergency
power).

MiG-21Bis/R-25 -13,000lb dry/15650 AFB/19-20,000 "Chrezvychayniy
Regime" (WEP)
Kfir C2/J79 -"Combat Plus"
F16/J79 Prototype- "Combat Plus"
F-8 Crusader "Waweoff power"

Now, I know for a MiG. Any other airplanes/engines that can be
"overrevv'd"?

The B-58 Hustler used 100% as Military Power, plus variable afterburners on
all 4 engines which had computer activated overspeed under certain
conditions. The pilot could also manually lift the throttles over a detent
and select overspeed himself.
--

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

Old September 20th 04, 07:16 AM
Urban Fredriksson

In article ,
Nele VII wrote:

Any other airplanes/engines that can be "overrevv'd"?

Gripen has a cockpit switch with economy/normal/combat
settings.
--
Urban Fredriksson http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/
To get rid of an enemy, make him a friend.