C-Map cartridges??

Old July 24th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cyberfly

Default C-Map cartridges??

Hello, new to this forum, so any help or advice will be appreciated.

I recently was given an older Magellan EC-10x GPS, large mono screen, easy to
use, easy to view, great functions, in almost new condition. The guy who
originally owed it, died and his wife gave it to me.
Question is, can I get current C-MAP cartridges for it?? The one that is in
it is dated 1997. It works fine, just not sure how accurate it is.

If available, where can I buy one??

thanks for any help you can give........ ron...

Old July 24th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Rochin

On Jul 24, 2:30*pm, "Cyberfly" u45015@uwe wrote:
Hello, new to this forum, so any help or advice will be appreciated.

I recently was given an older Magellan EC-10x GPS, large mono screen, easy to
use, easy to view, great functions, in almost new condition. The guy who
originally owed it, died and his wife gave it to me.
Question is, can I get current C-MAP cartridges for it?? The one that is in
it is dated 1997. It works fine, just not sure how accurate it is.

If available, where can I buy one??

thanks for any help you can give........ ron...

That old EC-10X was manufactured for Magellan by Avmap. Magellan
stopped all support on that unit many years ago. I just called Avmap
to find out if updates are available for it and they are not. Sorry.
www.AvmapNavigation.com 800-363-2627
www.AirportPilotShop.com
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call
Thanks
David Rochin
Airport Pilot Shop
239-263-9121
Old July 25th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cyberfly via AviationKB.com

Dave, thanks for the reply,, do you think that maybe a newer one later than
1997 is available.. anything would be better than 11 years old..thanks ron

Dave Rochin wrote:
Hello, new to this forum, so any help or advice will be appreciated.

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Old July 25th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Rochin

I think you emailed Avmap and found this out already. Avmap stopped
updating that unit about a year ago. Apparently the datacards or the
programming machine had become so old that the cards wouldn't update
anymore. They don't even have any old datacards laying around anymore.
I tried to call another company that saves stuff like that but they
went out of business last year.
David Rochin
Airport Pilot Shop
239-263-9121
Old July 25th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cyberfly via AviationKB.com

Yes, tried Miriam there and correct, none available. I tried EBAy and nothing
there. Any suggestions of where I can post a message and maybe find an old
one?? I hate to beat a dead horse, but I like this GPS and my investment was
$0, so any money I spend wont be that much...I used it this morning on a
short cross country trip and it works like a charm. so far the airport data
was correct with ctaf frequencies, etc...thanks ron.

Old July 25th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Rochin

All Dead Ends. I don't know where to go from here.
dave
Old July 26th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cyberfly via AviationKB.com

oh well, ill use it for local flights,, it is a great gps though, and really
easy to use.. very intuitive and simple....thanks for all your help ron