Airspace Privacy over your house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 7th 03, 11:19 AM
RR Urban

Eric Miller wrote:
My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors, athletes,
musicians or whatever is...

They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
They're trained monkeys.
So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
Dance for me, monkey, dance!

I presume that goes for Charlton Heston as well? Ahnooold? Ronnie? Or just
the ones whose positions on issues disagree with your own?

|Rich Ahrens

Hi stranger,

Haven't you been in 'hibernation' from rah since the
end of February 2002? You're awakened by this
little skirmish?

Don't you think the mighty Capt Zoom is gonna
feel terribly slighted if he ever gets wind of this? g

Barnyard BOb -- nothing but questions

Old December 7th 03, 01:12 PM
Blueskies

..
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:40:49 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:

:Eric Miller wrote:

:Ronnie?

He worked his way up. 16 years as president of a large, powerful
union before he ran for office. Popular governor, successful
President (unless you think the end of communism was a bad thing.)

What is China, a republic? The only thing that Ronnie did was out-spend the USSR, a good thing don't get me wrong, but
certainly not the end of communism...

Old December 7th 03, 04:41 PM

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:12:37 GMT, "Blueskies" wrote:

:
:.
wrote in message ...
: On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:40:49 -0600, Rich Ahrens wrote:
:
: :Eric Miller wrote:
:
: :Ronnie?
:
: He worked his way up. 16 years as president of a large, powerful
: union before he ran for office. Popular governor, successful
: President (unless you think the end of communism was a bad thing.)
:
:
:What is China, a republic? The only thing that Ronnie did was out-spend the USSR, a good thing don't get me wrong, but
:certainly not the end of communism...

Outspending the USSR was a big part of it, but not the whole thing.
Being willing to use the military was another. Invading Grenada seems
like nothing in retrospect, but we were coming off Carter, who's only
use for a military was... well basically nothing. And Reagan was
only 5 years removed from the fall of S Viet Nam. We were cowed by
everyone at that point, we wouldn't even defend our people in Iran.
Reagan turned our national outlook. He was the one who walked away in
Iceland.

China's a dictatorship, with a LOT of state owned businesses
(especially the People's Liberation Army - it's unbelievable how much
of the stuff you buy in Toys R Us is made by the PLA) but they're no
longer communist. They say so themselves.

The only countries that are still communist are Cuba and North Korea.
A bunch of SEA countries are wierd mixes - Viet Nam, Laos, Burma (we
still offically call it Burma). They're like China - one party
dictatorships, with a lot of the production and property belonging to
the government. But they no longer teach Marx, Lennin and Mao.

Old December 10th 03, 10:55 PM
Rich Ahrens

RR Urban wrote:

Eric Miller wrote:

My take on entertainers and celebrities, whether they're actors, athletes,
musicians or whatever is...

They're not paid to think, they're paid to entertain us.
They certainly have no business spouting off on political issues.
They're trained monkeys.
So shut up and do what you're paid to do!
Dance for me, monkey, dance!

I presume that goes for Charlton Heston as well? Ahnooold? Ronnie? Or just
the ones whose positions on issues disagree with your own?

|Rich Ahrens

Hi stranger,

Haven't you been in 'hibernation' from rah since the
end of February 2002? You're awakened by this
little skirmish?

Nope. Don't know what gave you that impression. I've been otherwise
occupied and haven't posted a lot, but I've been in and out of here
regularly all along. I've posted in here nine out of 12 months this year,
including tweaking you for missing Pville again. (You could have driven!) I
even posted *from* Pville in May.

Makes me wonder who's *really* been hibernating, Bob!

Don't you think the mighty Capt Zoom is gonna
feel terribly slighted if he ever gets wind of this? g

Not sure I follow that one. But if you think it will make him feel better,
I'll repost a few of my favorite quotes from the 1980 NTSB hearing[1] which
found Jim Campbell:

"...not medically qualified to exercise the privileges of any class of
airman medical certificate now or for the next two years, due to the fact
that he does have a personality disorder that makes him unable to safely
perform those duties at the present time or within the next two years."

and:

"I think as a result of his personality disorder the Respondent, as
testified to by both Dr. Powers and Dr. Pakull, has and will in the future
- at least for the next two years and somewhat beyond - exercised poor
judgment.

"He has shown a lack of impulse control, feels little guilt or willingness
to assume responsibilities for his own acts, and would prefer placing that
blame on something else or someone else, rather than accept the
responsibility himself."

Think much has changed since then? Is "somewhat beyond" measured in decades?

Barnyard BOb -- nothing but questions

There ya go - a couple more questions for you...

[1] http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ousterj/zoom/se-4661.html

|Rich Ahrens | Homepage: http://www.visi.com/~rma/ |
|-----------------------------------------------|
|"In a world full of people only some want to fly - isn't that crazy?" |

Old December 11th 03, 01:33 PM
L&P Jerome

Caution flying into Easern North Carolina. The local NC news is reporting
that security is being setup in such a way that those attending the
celebration "may" be able to see the president there. Could be hype...but?
CAVU, Lyle
Old December 11th 03, 04:23 PM
Henry Bibb

"L&P Jerome" wrote in message
Caution flying into Easern North Carolina. The local NC news is reporting
that security is being setup in such a way that those attending the
celebration "may" be able to see the president there. Could be hype...but?
CAVU, Lyle

Check the NOTAMS. Especially on the 17th.

Henry

Old December 12th 03, 12:48 AM
Blueskies

If GW visits, then the TFR would keep the flier grounded - no transponder, radio, etc. I wonder what sort of waiver
would be required. Oh, I get it, no planes with a range of over 1000'...

--
Dan D.

..