Blue Angels flew last home field practice for a few weeks image 5694R

Old July 24th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Blue Angels flew last home field practice for a few weeks image 5694R

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5694R.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	14715
Old July 24th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
George

Tom,

Two things seem to resound in my consciousness when I see your
photos,one is that you get to see this for free (awesome), and the
second is that we (taxpayers) pay these guys to go have this kind of
fun, just incredible.

I am green with envy, just green.

George
Old July 24th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

What we see on some Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the practice sessions. They
might fly a regular show sequence or they might just spend half an hour
practicing the same join maneuver or something like that. It's one of the
reasons we decided to buy a house here. I'm trying to turn out a better
photo. I've been sitting inside cropping fotos from this morning and there
is a SOS squadron C-130 out there shooting touch and goes. I want to go
into the yard with the camera but I also want to learn this Photoshop CS3
stuff (got the 30 free download). Tough choice. The herky will be back,
the software expires in a couple of weeks. Of course, I can then reload it
on my PC and take it off of the laptop (yes, I have a plan).

This past weekend we had Red, White and Blues week at Pensacola Beach. For
two of the practice days prior to the airshow LCDR Allison grounded himself
with sinus problems. Whoa!! He's the lead solo. When he was back in
action on Saturday for the airshow everyone was estatic!! The shots I like
best from my trip over to watch the practice sessions are of the Shell
Aerobatic Team flying T-6 Texans. The sky was cloudy and their smoke made
great arcs through the sky.

We are now without the Blues until 14 August. It's like owning a ski lift
and mountain in the summer. Soon, yes....soon they'll be back......Tom

et...

Old July 26th 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
flybywire

Hi Tom

Keep taking those badweather day photos the vortices are brill
cheers

Mike

Old July 27th 07, 11:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington