Mitchell Super Wing U-2 project.

Old June 26th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim Hickey

Default Mitchell Super Wing U-2 project.

Today I was asked by a friend to go with him and take a look at an
unfinished homebuilt project. The owner started this project back
before 1986 and past away a couple of years ago. Not much work was
accomplished.
The project is a Mitchell Super Wing Model U-2. From my quick review I
saw two spars, a flock of wood ribs, several sheets of plans, and a
shipping box (maybe 8" by 10" by 15') full of wood material from Wicks
aircraft. I was told that there were several sheets of plywood (very
thin) that belong to the project.

I have no idea as to how useful any of this stuff might be. I was
asked to help an elderly lady decide what to do with this stuff, and
that is what I am doing. If there are any U-2 builders out there who
might find this stuff useful, that perhaps you can ship me an email
and I will put you in touch with the owner. The material is located in
Southeast Iowa.
I do not have a listing of what was originally included with the kit.

If interested, email at .

Oh, yes. There are over 280 unopened boxes containing plastic model
kits. Several different scales. Some of these boxes are 40 years old,
and I am told that there are many unusual types there. It seems that
the guy liked to buy kits, and just never got around to assembling
them. I have a list.

Zenith CH-300 Driver.

Interesting biplane project... look at the wing profile Bob Kuykendall Home Built 15 December 5th 08 01:58 PM
Winter project, tow out gear - wing wheel bildan Soaring 39 November 14th 08 12:27 AM
Books on Military Rotary Wing to Civilian Fixed Wing Transition? Greg Copeland Piloting 5 May 2nd 07 03:23 AM
Flying wing project Tanel Soaring 0 November 28th 05 07:13 AM
Mitchell Wing A-10 restoration story Kevin O'Brien Home Built 1 August 17th 03 06:36 PM