Prouty's books are back!

Old March 22nd 04, 06:22 AM
Gyroplanes

Default Prouty's books are back!

I just got my copy of Ray Prouty's "Helicopter Aerodynamics" from
WWW.HELOBOOKS.COM
Ray used to write an easy-to-read column on helicopter aerodynamics for Rotor &
Wing magazine. Later they compiled these column into 3 books, Now all 3 are
available in one volume from Helobooks. This is not a cheesy Xerox copy as I
feared it might be. It is a first class book of nearly 600 pages.
Happy reading, Tom
Old March 22nd 04, 06:48 PM
Dave Jackson

Another good book is 'Helicopters of the Third Reich'
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...132705-0975207
?v=glance

It is the story of the world's first two production helicopters. Both
configurations were not pursued, for various reasons, but there is good
reason to believe that one or both of the configurations may become the
rotorcraft of the future. Boeing has recently proposed the side-by-side
configuration for the next transport helicopter.

Old March 24th 04, 05:27 PM
Stu & Kathy Fields

Yay! Yay!. I got mine too. It reads easy and covers a bunch of ground. I
agree it is not a cheesy printing.
I'm on the list for the next one.
Stu Fields Safari driver

Old March 25th 04, 05:19 PM
clescure

Hello Stu,
I received like you Ray Prouty from Helobooks.com. I understood all 3 are
in one. But you are speaking off another one you are on the list. Any
informations about this new one?

Old March 25th 04, 06:15 PM
Stu & Kathy Fields

Claude: I understood that there was a 4th. Book and I don't remember the
title,but it may have had something to do with Stability.. I was offered a
copy for around $80. I though I would wait and see what I got out of the
Helobooks issue.
Stu Fields