About Good Pilots and Bad Pilots

Old February 22nd 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default About Good Pilots and Bad Pilots

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message

Wasn't aware that 'amateur' or 'professional' indicated quality. Hadn't
noticed that in my 56 years.

Oh, Absolutely! There are many very professional pilots flying a variety
of SELs on weekends, while there are also some very amateur people driving
Boeings for large salaries. And I chose the word 'driving' carefully.

Old February 22nd 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Sorry about that Jose; I wasn't paying attention. They were a bit long at
that!
:-)
Dudley
"Jose" wrote in message
om...
Good Grief!!! Dudley, and Jim, shame on both of you!!! You just made
posts (biggest I have ever seen on usenet) of 11 and 12 KB!!!

Please, for our dial-up comrades, take the time to trim your posts!

At least they top-posted. Imagine having to wade through it all (however
many dozen times it takes for each iteration) before getting to the little
bit of original text.

Jose

Old February 22nd 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote in

If they are paid, they are professional,

No. If they are paid, they are paid, that's all. Professionalism comes
from within. If their interest and concern with job performance corresponds
only to the number of dollars they're paid, they're whores.

Old February 22nd 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You snipped the rest of my post...by legal definition, if
you are paid you are professional. But you can be
incompetent, unethical, criminal and just sloppy.
I also know that there are many private pilots who have
better skills and are more "professional" in the way the fly
than the airline pilots who failed to turn the engine
anti-ice ON before taking off from DC, the airline pilots
who ran out of fuel on a trip from South America to NYC and
crashed, totally out of fuel on Long Island, the mechanics
who forgot to install all the fasteners on the tail of a
Beech 1900 that crashed in Denver, the ... need we need to
go on, every pilot, mechanic, or other person can make
mistakes and some deliberately do shoddy work. Some pilots
force the issue with duck under approaches, or other "stupid
pilot tricks."

You used Professionalism, a different word and meaning, I
said professional which indicates paid.

I don't mind if you and I disagree, it is kind of fun, just
fully quote me.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

. ..

Old February 22nd 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT Fast Cable About Good Pilots and Bad Pilots

Jim, my cable provider is about to offer the same in month or so. Are you
getting it? If you do let me know what you thing.

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Gee, my ISP just emailed me with an offer of their new very
high speed cable, 9 megabits downloads and 1 mbit upload
speed, I'm only getting half that now, but I do feel your
pain, will snip a little more.

Old February 22nd 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I think that 4 Mbps is fast enough for me, for now. But if
I had a bigger network or was really into Internet gaming or
lots of downloads, it would be worth the extra money because
of the time it would save.

Old February 23rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote in

......just
fully quote me.

Not all the time...... too much bandwidth.