About Good Pilots and Bad Pilots

Old February 20th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default About Good Pilots and Bad Pilots

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
So, I take it your experience has nothing to do with Part 121, to which I
was referring.

BFD

Old February 20th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message news:FtjKf.6

BFD

??

Old February 20th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"John Gaquin" wrote:

BFD

??

I would assume he meant Big Deal...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 20th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

big ----- deal, also BFH = big hammer, tfc too cold

The 121 pilots have a full support staff to help with flight
planning and a crew to bring and serve the coffee. The 135
charter pilot has the best and worst job, gets paid to fly
pretty good airplanes but has to carry the luggage, do all
the flight planning, brew and serve the coffee, and clean
the potty.

Old February 20th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
big ----- deal, also BFH = big hammer, tfc too cold

The 121 pilots have a full support staff to help with flight
planning and a crew to bring and serve the coffee. The 135
charter pilot has the best and worst job, gets paid to fly
pretty good airplanes but has to carry the luggage, do all
the flight planning, brew and serve the coffee, and clean
the potty.

..................not to mention the cockpit vomit, which is a smell that
never really leaves the airplane, and I can still mentally visualize to this
very day .
:-))))))))))))))))
Dudley Henriques

Old February 20th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I've been lucky or smooth, never had anybody mess up the
cockpit. Did have one student who came out to fly and
brought his sister along for the ride, a dual cross-country
from Wichita to Emporia, Marion, Newton and back to Wichita.
About half way to Emporia they both became ill. Seems they
had stopped for hamburgers for lunch and both also were not
feeling well before take-off.
I had plenty (?) of sic-sacks and they used them. When we
got to Emporia we threw the used bags in the trash ands
bought all the sic-sacks they had at the airport, 4 to
restock the airplane. We also took a while to settle down.
But half way to Marion the hamburgers took over again and
shortly they had used all four new bags. Then they still
got ill because of the smell. She dumped the aircraft
paperwork in the seat pocket at my instruction and used the
zip lock portfolio and he used the right hand pocket of his
NEW sports coat.
I, being the superior pilot/CFI with a nose used to
shoveling horse droppings and even some pigs [I was a "pile
it" , before I became an aviator] was able to resist the
need for myself. And the smell is still in my nostrils.

hen I was learning to be a CFI, I asked my friend and
instructor at Spartan (Auggie) how to handle air sick
students and was told that in the Cessna 150-172 airplanes,
open the window and stick their head outside. Never had to
do that.

BTW, that student is now an FAA Inspector

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message
.net...

Old February 20th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Brings back memories :-)
I've always wondered about those so called $100 hamburger flights. Actually,
for me in the Mustang, or occasionally in the Bearcat, those burgers were a
bit more expensive :-)
If I remember right, most of those airport hamburgers bought at those little
"airport cafe's on the fields were grilled and dripping with grease. Just
the thing to settle the old stomach down for a weekend pilot. Add this to
the stress of a hot cockpit on a summer day and a new pilot getting "just a
little bit lost " on the way home and it's a wonder more people didn't end
up puking in the seat pockets :-))
We had a bevy of line boys who were supposed to take care of things like
that, but it seems to me remembering back now, that every damn time it
happened, I was the only one on the scene to take care of it :-))
Dudley Henriques

Old February 20th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I remember reading an article, about Jacques Yves Cousteau
in the National Geographic. There was a mention of a diver
getting sick at about 200 feet below the surface who threw
up into his Aqua-Lung filling both of the hoses that
connected to the regulator. This was before the addition of
check valves in the breathing tubes.

I've had some real good chili and or BBQ at airports in OK
and TX.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message
k.net...
| Brings back memories :-)
| I've always wondered about those so called $100 hamburger
flights. Actually,
| for me in the Mustang, or occasionally in the Bearcat,
those burgers were a
| bit more expensive :-)
| If I remember right, most of those airport hamburgers
bought at those little
| "airport cafe's on the fields were grilled and dripping
with grease. Just
| the thing to settle the old stomach down for a weekend
pilot. Add this to
| the stress of a hot cockpit on a summer day and a new
pilot getting "just a
| little bit lost " on the way home and it's a wonder more
people didn't end
| up puking in the seat pockets :-))
| We had a bevy of line boys who were supposed to take care
of things like
| that, but it seems to me remembering back now, that every
damn time it
| happened, I was the only one on the scene to take care of
it :-))
| Dudley Henriques
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| I've been lucky or smooth, never had anybody mess up the
| cockpit. Did have one student who came out to fly and
| brought his sister along for the ride, a dual
cross-country
| from Wichita to Emporia, Marion, Newton and back to
Wichita.
| About half way to Emporia they both became ill. Seems
they
| had stopped for hamburgers for lunch and both also were
not
| feeling well before take-off.
| I had plenty (?) of sic-sacks and they used them. When
we
| got to Emporia we threw the used bags in the trash ands
| bought all the sic-sacks they had at the airport, 4 to
| restock the airplane. We also took a while to settle
down.
| But half way to Marion the hamburgers took over again
and
| shortly they had used all four new bags. Then they
still
| got ill because of the smell. She dumped the aircraft
| paperwork in the seat pocket at my instruction and used
the
| zip lock portfolio and he used the right hand pocket of
his
| NEW sports coat.
| I, being the superior pilot/CFI with a nose used to
| shoveling horse droppings and even some pigs [I was a
"pile
| it" , before I became an aviator] was able to resist the
| need for myself. And the smell is still in my nostrils.
|
| hen I was learning to be a CFI, I asked my friend and
| instructor at Spartan (Auggie) how to handle air sick
| students and was told that in the Cessna 150-172
airplanes,
| open the window and stick their head outside. Never had
| do that.
|
| BTW, that student is now an FAA Inspector
|

| --
| James H. Macklin
| ATP,CFI,A&P
|
| --
| The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
| But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
| some support
| http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| See http://www.fija.org/ more about your rights and
duties.

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in
| message

.net...
| |
| | "Jim Macklin"
wrote
| in message
| | big ----- deal, also BFH = big hammer, tfc too cold
| |
| | The 121 pilots have a full support staff to help
with
| flight
| | planning and a crew to bring and serve the coffee.
The
| 135
| | charter pilot has the best and worst job, gets paid
| fly
| | pretty good airplanes but has to carry the luggage,
do
| all
| | the flight planning, brew and serve the coffee, and
| clean
| | the potty.
| |
| | .................not to mention the cockpit vomit,
which
| is a smell that
| | never really leaves the airplane, and I can still
mentally
| visualize to this
| | very day .
| | :-))))))))))))))))
| | Dudley Henriques
| |
| |

Old February 20th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

There's nothing that will get you talked about quicker at squadron ops than
puking into your mask :-))
DH

I remember reading an article, about Jacques Yves Cousteau
in the National Geographic. There was a mention of a diver
getting sick at about 200 feet below the surface who threw
up into his Aqua-Lung filling both of the hoses that
connected to the regulator. This was before the addition of
check valves in the breathing tubes.

I've had some real good chili and or BBQ at airports in OK
and TX.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message
k.net...
| Brings back memories :-)
| I've always wondered about those so called $100 hamburger
flights. Actually,
| for me in the Mustang, or occasionally in the Bearcat,
those burgers were a
| bit more expensive :-)
| If I remember right, most of those airport hamburgers
bought at those little
| "airport cafe's on the fields were grilled and dripping
with grease. Just
| the thing to settle the old stomach down for a weekend
pilot. Add this to
| the stress of a hot cockpit on a summer day and a new
pilot getting "just a
| little bit lost " on the way home and it's a wonder more
people didn't end
| up puking in the seat pockets :-))
| We had a bevy of line boys who were supposed to take care
of things like
| that, but it seems to me remembering back now, that every
damn time it
| happened, I was the only one on the scene to take care of
it :-))
| Dudley Henriques
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| I've been lucky or smooth, never had anybody mess up the
| cockpit. Did have one student who came out to fly and
| brought his sister along for the ride, a dual
cross-country
| from Wichita to Emporia, Marion, Newton and back to
Wichita.
| About half way to Emporia they both became ill. Seems
they
| had stopped for hamburgers for lunch and both also were
not
| feeling well before take-off.
| I had plenty (?) of sic-sacks and they used them. When
we
| got to Emporia we threw the used bags in the trash ands
| bought all the sic-sacks they had at the airport, 4 to
| restock the airplane. We also took a while to settle
down.
| But half way to Marion the hamburgers took over again
and
| shortly they had used all four new bags. Then they
still
| got ill because of the smell. She dumped the aircraft
| paperwork in the seat pocket at my instruction and used
the
| zip lock portfolio and he used the right hand pocket of
his
| NEW sports coat.
| I, being the superior pilot/CFI with a nose used to
| shoveling horse droppings and even some pigs [I was a
"pile
| it" , before I became an aviator] was able to resist the
| need for myself. And the smell is still in my nostrils.
|
| hen I was learning to be a CFI, I asked my friend and
| instructor at Spartan (Auggie) how to handle air sick
| students and was told that in the Cessna 150-172
airplanes,
| open the window and stick their head outside. Never had
| do that.
|
| BTW, that student is now an FAA Inspector
|

| --
| James H. Macklin
| ATP,CFI,A&P
|
| --
| The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
| But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
| some support
| http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| See http://www.fija.org/ more about your rights and
duties.

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in
| message

.net...
| |
| | "Jim Macklin"
wrote
| in message
| | big ----- deal, also BFH = big hammer, tfc too cold
| |
| | The 121 pilots have a full support staff to help
with
| flight
| | planning and a crew to bring and serve the coffee.
The
| 135
| | charter pilot has the best and worst job, gets paid
| fly
| | pretty good airplanes but has to carry the luggage,
do
| all
| | the flight planning, brew and serve the coffee, and
| clean
| | the potty.
| |
| | .................not to mention the cockpit vomit,
which
| is a smell that
| | never really leaves the airplane, and I can still
mentally
| visualize to this
| | very day .
| | :-))))))))))))))))
| | Dudley Henriques
| |
| |

Old February 20th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I'm sure that's true. BTW, where you Studly Dudley or
Dudley DoRight?

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
message
ink.net...
| There's nothing that will get you talked about quicker at
squadron ops than
| puking into your mask :-))
| DH
|
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| I remember reading an article, about Jacques Yves
Cousteau
| in the National Geographic. There was a mention of a
diver
| getting sick at about 200 feet below the surface who
threw
| up into his Aqua-Lung filling both of the hoses that
| connected to the regulator. This was before the
addition of
| check valves in the breathing tubes.
|
| I've had some real good chili and or BBQ at airports in
OK
| and TX.
|

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in
| message

k.net...
| | Brings back memories :-)
| | I've always wondered about those so called $100
hamburger
| flights. Actually,
| | for me in the Mustang, or occasionally in the Bearcat,
| those burgers were a
| | bit more expensive :-)
| | If I remember right, most of those airport hamburgers
| bought at those little
| | "airport cafe's on the fields were grilled and
dripping
| with grease. Just
| | the thing to settle the old stomach down for a weekend
| pilot. Add this to
| | the stress of a hot cockpit on a summer day and a new
| pilot getting "just a
| | little bit lost " on the way home and it's a wonder
more
| people didn't end
| | up puking in the seat pockets :-))
| | We had a bevy of line boys who were supposed to take
care
| of things like
| | that, but it seems to me remembering back now, that
every
| damn time it
| | happened, I was the only one on the scene to take care
of
| it :-))
| | Dudley Henriques
| |
| | "Jim Macklin"
wrote
| in message
| | I've been lucky or smooth, never had anybody mess up
the
| | cockpit. Did have one student who came out to fly
and
| | brought his sister along for the ride, a dual
| cross-country
| | from Wichita to Emporia, Marion, Newton and back to
| Wichita.
| | About half way to Emporia they both became ill.
Seems
| they
| | had stopped for hamburgers for lunch and both also
were
| not
| | feeling well before take-off.
| | I had plenty (?) of sic-sacks and they used them.
When
| we
| | got to Emporia we threw the used bags in the trash
ands
| | bought all the sic-sacks they had at the airport, 4
| | restock the airplane. We also took a while to
settle
| down.
| | But half way to Marion the hamburgers took over
again
| and
| | shortly they had used all four new bags. Then they
| still
| | got ill because of the smell. She dumped the
aircraft
| | paperwork in the seat pocket at my instruction and
used
| the
| | zip lock portfolio and he used the right hand pocket
of
| his
| | NEW sports coat.
| | I, being the superior pilot/CFI with a nose used to
| | shoveling horse droppings and even some pigs [I was
| "pile
| | it" , before I became an aviator] was able to resist
the
| | need for myself. And the smell is still in my
nostrils.
| |
| | hen I was learning to be a CFI, I asked my friend
and
| | instructor at Spartan (Auggie) how to handle air
sick
| | students and was told that in the Cessna 150-172
| airplanes,
| | open the window and stick their head outside. Never
had
| | do that.
| |
| | BTW, that student is now an FAA Inspector
| |
| |
| | --
| | James H. Macklin
| | ATP,CFI,A&P
| |
| | --
| | The people think the Constitution protects their
rights;
| | But government sees it as an obstacle to be
overcome.
| | some support
| | http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
| | See http://www.fija.org/ more about your rights and
| duties.
| |
| |
| |
| | "Dudley Henriques" wrote
in
| | message
| |

.net...
| | |
| | | "Jim Macklin"

| wrote
| | in message
| | | big ----- deal, also BFH = big hammer, tfc too
cold
| | |
| | | The 121 pilots have a full support staff to help
| with
| | flight
| | | planning and a crew to bring and serve the
coffee.
| The
| | 135
| | | charter pilot has the best and worst job, gets
paid
| | fly
| | | pretty good airplanes but has to carry the
luggage,
| do
| | all
| | | the flight planning, brew and serve the coffee,
and
| | clean
| | | the potty.
| | |
| | | .................not to mention the cockpit vomit,
| which
| | is a smell that
| | | never really leaves the airplane, and I can still
| mentally
| | visualize to this
| | | very day .
| | | Dudley Henriques