Registration open for SGP USA 2016 (July 24-31 2016)

Old August 20th 15, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Registration open for SGP USA 2016 (July 24-31 2016)

Another registration this morning.

Down to 1 international and 3 U.S./Canada spots remaining.

HURRY!

Old August 22nd 15, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Another registration this afternoon.

Down to 1 international and 2 U.S./Canada spots remaining.

ALMOST CLOSED!

HURRY!
Old September 4th 15, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Another application has been submitted today for the first ever FAI Sailplane Grand Prix, USA 2015!. We are up to 17 of our maximum 20 SGP competitors. Only two US/Candian (15 total) and one (5 total) registration spots are left.

Registration for US and Canadian pilots closes in less than 1 month (Sept 30, 2015, @ 10 pm EST). Up until the deadline, SSA ranking will determine which pilots are ultimately accepted for the event. If we do not fill the final international pilot, the waiting list will be filled in order of application receipt.

Not up for racing in the SGP? We are looking for experienced cross country pilots to serve as live event commentators (live youtube broadcasts featuring the FAI's new tracking technology), Sponsor liaisons (6) (spending the day with them and answering questions, explaining the activities, etc), Media liaisons (4), videographers and video editors, and numerous other support staff. If you are interested in supporting the SPG USA event in any of these roles, please give me a shout.

We will have a Schleicher ASG 32 on hand for media and sponsors. We are interested in 1 or 2 more (Arcus, Duo Discus, DG 1000, etc) to provide sponsor and media rides. These rides may include flying along with the racers on task with a national media reporter or cameraman, etc. If interested, again, please give me a shout.

We are already getting really excited about this event. It is going to be a blast!

Sean
7T

Old September 9th 15, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Francois Pin (USA) and Tassilo Bode (GER) have just registered for the 2016 Sailplane Grand Prix USA!

We are now at 19 total pilots (of 20 Max). All 5 International entries are filled. We have one US/Canadian entry remaining. I am absolutely blown away at the field we are attracting for this amazing event series.

Hurry up if you want to participate. We have an absolutely amazing field of German, British, Australian, Canadian and US Pilots!

Link to competitors list he http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/pilots_a...ontestID=15937

The Sailplane Grand Prix finals are underway right now. You can follow the event he http://www.sgp.aero/final2015.aspx?contestID=6156 The live coverage has been outstanding.

Sincerely,

Sean
7T
Old September 9th 15, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Jae Walker (USA) has just registered. That fills the first ever Sailplane Grand Prix Qualifier USA 2016 event at 20 pilots. The frist ever SGP USA event filled in a little over a month after opening registration and nearly 1 year before it opens! Congratulations to all the pilots! This is going to be a great time.

Competitor list he http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/pilots_a...ontestID=15937

We have attracted a truly international field of competitors: 11 from the USA, 4 from Canada, 2 from Australia, 2 from Germany and one from the UK!

Remember, entry into the SGP USA is governed by ranking. For US/Canadia pilots, registration priority is based on SSA ranking. For international pilots, we go by FAI ranking. If you outrank pilots currently on the list and get your registration in by September 30th, you will have preference.

Please feel welcomed to keep registering. We will hold a waiting list. It is, of course, quite possible that some pilots will not be able to attend the event, etc.
Old September 10th 15, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks to Dennis Linnekin (USA) for registering (21 of 20)!

http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/pilots_a...ontestID=15898

Sean
7T
Old September 11th 15, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks to Garret Willat (USA) and Reinhard Schramme (GER) for registering today. That puts FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA 2016 at 23 of 20 pilots. 5 of 5 international pilots, 18 of 15 North American pilots, and a 3 pilot "waiting list."

The push is on to find competitive gliders for our International guests. Uli Schwenk is flying the Duckhawk! But we still need (at least) 4 more ships. Some are already in discussions but we are definitely going to need more. Please contact me if you are interested in supporting the event (and our guests) by offering your 15m glider.

SGP USA 2016 WEBSITE: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016

SGP USA REGISTERED PILOTS: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/pilots_a...ontestID=15898
Old September 13th 15, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks to Mark Keene for registering. We are now up to 24 registered pilots (of 20 Max). The SGP USA 2016 field is getting stronger with each passing day!

Link to pilots: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/pilots_a...ontestID=15906

We have made progress finding another international pilot a great glider. We are still looking for 3 more as well as a couple more potentially for some of our west coast "rock stars." Please contact me if you are willing to consider helping our guests.

2.5 weeks left to register for North American pilots. Preference for North American pilots goes by SSA ranking, preference for international pilots goes by FAI ranking.

Sean
7T
Old September 14th 15, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks to Andrew Georgeson of Australia for registering for Sailplane Grand Prix USA 2016 today.

We are now up to 25 registered pilots total (of 20 Max). We have 6 (of 5) International pilots registered. 19 (of 15) North American pilots registered. The SGP USA 2016 field is truly getting stronger with each passing day and the international interest has been enormous. Thanks to everyone for registering and thanks to all who are offering their support for the event. Please contact me if you are interested in helping out.

David Nadler has signed up to bring his new Arcus M for media and sponsor rides. Combined with Eric Mozer's new ASG-32, we have an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the state of the art in 2 place, self-launch sailplanes to the public!

Link to registered SGP USA 2016 pilots: http://www.sgp.aero/usa2016/pilots_a...ontestID=15906

We are still looking for 3 more rental 15m ships as well as a couple more potentially for some of our west coast "rock stars." Please contact me if you are willing to consider helping our guests.

Old September 16th 15, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Thanks to Bernd Hubka (GER) for registering for SGP USA 2016 today.

We are now at 19 (15 max) North American and 7 (5 max) International entries. 26 total of 20 max.

Thanks for all the offers to help out! It's been almost overwhelming!

Sean
7T