Turnpoint conversion SW?

Old March 21st 05, 04:18 PM
For Example John Smith

Default Turnpoint conversion SW?

Hi all,
Over time, the members of our club modified the turnpoints they use in their
flight computers. This came to light as we scored our year long contest.
To resolve the problems this created, we've put together a single list for
all to use. Ultimately, we hope to put it on John Liebacher's site. Before
we do that, it looks like we need to convert the files into several
different formats. Anyone know of a good tool for doing this?

Old March 21st 05, 07:15 PM
Doug Snyder

I can't help to answer the question but I can ask a related question.
Are any of the formats on John's site suitable for Glide Navigator ?

A friend needs turnpoints in that format and I'm hoping the format is
on John's site under another name. If not, I know a little bit about
text editing and could probably create what i need if someone simply
has the format string.

Thanks,
Doug

Old March 21st 05, 11:19 PM
Mike I Green

Doug,

He has exactly what you want under:
Soaring Innovations Glide Nav
Mike Green

Old March 22nd 05, 01:02 AM
Doug Snyder

Thanks Mike.

I had scanned quickly while at work and didn't see it there.

Doug

Old March 22nd 05, 04:25 AM
Marc Ramsey

Doug Snyder wrote:
Thanks Mike.

I had scanned quickly while at work and didn't see it there.

Got to the page for your site, select "Files formatted for downloading
and importing into your programs", then look for "Soaring Innovations
Glide Nav II", however, I believe the format is identical to Cambridge
format, so you can use either one (the other "Soaring Innovations Glide
Nav" format is for a much earlier program, which incompatible with the
newer Glide Nav II).

Marc
Old March 23rd 05, 06:56 PM

"For Example John Smith" writes:

Hi all,
Over time, the members of our club modified the turnpoints they use in their
flight computers. This came to light as we scored our year long contest.
To resolve the problems this created, we've put together a single list for
all to use. Ultimately, we hope to put it on John Liebacher's site. Before
we do that, it looks like we need to convert the files into several
different formats. Anyone know of a good tool for doing this?

PERL, aka `The Swiss Army Chainsaw' Pick a good format that can
contain everything you want, and use that to generate all the other
formats. When you do an update, regenerate ALL you other files. Oh,
and include a version number/date stamp as well.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.