Best watch for pilots?

Old May 13th 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Best watch for pilots?

On May 13, 11:06*am, "Steve Foley" wrote:
"Stefan Hueneburg" wrote in message

Steve Foley wrote:

Feel free to use a wall clock.

A Cuckoo clock seems fitting.

I doubt these choices would fulfill the desired purpose.

The OP is not a pilot, but simply pretends with Microsoft Flight Simulator..
A Cuckoo Clock would be perfect
for his purposes.

If he was a pilot, we wouldn't have to read his postings, as one of his
recent flights ended 'tragically.

Ahhh, now there is a needed upgrade for his simulator to increase the
realism level. He needs to install a double barrel 12 guage shotgun
in the panel aimed directly at his pilot chair. If he crashes, it
blows him away...
Old May 13th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

A sundial.

Old May 13th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Helen Waite

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

It doesn't really matter, you can't affort one anyway.

Old May 13th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"nobody" wrote in message
MXASSHAT WROTE:

What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

If anyone ever doubted that Anthony Atkielski is a troll, this should
convince you,
once and for all.

Indeed, but watch the idiots gobble it up.

Old May 13th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news
Mxsmanic wrote:
What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

No best really. Pilots usually prefer function and clarity over fancy
design although my experience has been that these two things can be
present at the same time.
I seldom used or even needed a watch for navigation. I have noticed that
some of the pilots I know who fly internationally favor watches that show
different time zones while allowing them to keep their watches on GMT.
I own a Brietling Chronograph that has lived upstairs unused for years (a
gift) and next to that the Rolex Submariner that was my personal
preference through most of my tenure as an active pilot.

--
Dudley Henriques

You should include pictures on your wikipedia page.

Old May 14th 08, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xxx

On May 13, 6:14 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

This one. The others are insufficiently accurate for real pilots.

http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/atomic-bill/
Old May 14th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_19_]

Agreed on the Citizen Eco-Drive!

I have the Blue Angels version cause I find the contrast of the white
lettering against the dark background easier for these eyes.

3rd yr with it, still like it very much...

Dave

On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:18:48 GMT, Jay Maynard
wrote:

I hauled off and bought a Citizen Skyhawk AT. Yeah, it's got all the fancy
features on it, bu it's also got nice big hands, nice big hour marks, and
can display the time in three time zones at once (two plus GMT). It's easy
to change from one time zone to the next, something I use more than any
other feature on the watch, and will set itself automagically from WWVB,
DCF77, or JJY. All that means I know it's showing me the right time, and
when I change time zones, it keeps doing so (because changing the time zone
is independent of setting the watch).

Old May 14th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote:
What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

No best really. Pilots usually prefer function and clarity over fancy
design although my experience has been that these two things can be
present at the same time.
I seldom used or even needed a watch for navigation. I have noticed
that some of the pilots I know who fly internationally favor watches
that show different time zones while allowing them to keep their
watches on GMT. I own a Brietling Chronograph that has lived upstairs
unused for years (a gift) and next to that the Rolex Submariner that
was my personal preference through most of my tenure as an active
pilot.

--
Dudley Henriques

You should include pictures on your wikipedia page.

What you got, an egg timer? Stand on your head to wind it?

Bertie
Old May 14th 08, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:SknWj.42274$KJ1.41368
@newsfe19.lga:

"nobody" wrote in message
MXASSHAT WROTE:

What's the best wris****ch for a pilot?

If anyone ever doubted that Anthony Atkielski is a troll, this should
convince you,
once and for all.

Indeed, but watch the idiots gobble it up.

Snort!

irony, so swwwweeeeeeeeetttt.

Bertie
Old May 15th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Fred Sanders

On Tue, 13 May 2008 18:47:06 GMT, Benjamin Dover wrote:

A sundial.

Perfect, please, fly at night you st00pid ****.
--
Anyone who says I suck Eastern Indian dick has never met my Irish lover
Kevin O'Neill. YUMMIE!