Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 11th 05, 08:53 PM
kontiki

Jay Masino wrote:

The latest report on WTOP (news station in DC) was that the aircraft WAS
squawking the correct code, but that there was some sort of communications
problem. I'm glad to see that everyone was so willing to jump on top of
our brother pilots.

Well stated Jay. How wonderful it would be if ALL pilots would speak with
a single voice regarding the idiotic sitution this country is now in because
of its complete lack of balls to protect our borders or to even care who waltzes
in here from God knows wherever.

I guess we will be left to just play tiddly winks until the next serious
attack happens so we can propose even more draconian restrictions that will
only further aggravate law abiding U.S. citizens going about theit business.

Laws are only effective on the law-abiding. But shame on me for proposing
that actual U.S. citizens get any preferred treatment over illegal aliens.

Old May 11th 05, 08:59 PM
Gary Drescher

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Heard on Fox that aircraft was taken "without permission".

Which is apparently newspeak for the actual "We didn't have this flight
listed on our books" from the club owners. Although apparently
everyone in the club knew these guys were flying to an airshow down
South.

Did you see a news report that actually stated that the plane was taken
without permission? The NYT merely reported--accurately--that Terry Gainer,
the Capitol police chief, *claimed* that "preliminary information indicated
that the men had taken the plane without permission".

Sure wish there was an easy way to sue newspeople for outright
fabrications.

I sometimes have the same wish regarding newsgroup contributors.

--Gary

Old May 11th 05, 09:39 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Jay Honeck posted:

AOPA or the like should help make examples of these pilots, in a big
public way. "We won't tolerate ignorance among our own and suggest
immediate revocation of their flying privileges".

At first blush upon reading this I thought "How ridiculous!"

However, the more I consider it, the more I think John is onto
something here. If we, the pilot community, don't do something to
make it apparent that these morons who keep busting the TFRs are NOT
representative of the rest of us, nor do they reflect the predominant
attitude of most pilots, nor do they reflect a general lack of
intelligence shared by other pilots, I fear that the federal
government is simply going to make the whole danged East Coast a
no-fly zone.

Say, Jay...

Weren't you one of those who in a previous thread suggested that we
_relax_ the requirements for getting GA certificates? ;-)

Perhaps this pilot was just one of those on the low end of the current
bell curve.

Neil

Old May 11th 05, 09:51 PM
Jose

Make light of it all you want, but it's these moron pilots who are going to
put an end to YOUR pastime.
[...]
AOPA or the like should help make examples of these pilots...

Standard tactic of dictatorial control - get the subjects to do the
dirty work. Instead of standing up against idiot rules (like the
zillion cubic mile zone where only proven building-buster airplanes can
fly, we are ready to execute our own kind for not slavishly obeying
these rules.

Not that I'm advocating violation of the law, but remember how it worked
in grade school - if =anybody= chews gum, =everybody= has to scrub the
floors. The result is that the =kids= themselves beat up anybody who
chews gum.

Is this the kind of world we support?

Jose
Old May 11th 05, 09:53 PM
Jose

Yes, it's silly for the gov't to scatter like hens when a Cessna
approaches, but that's not the point.

Not when its possible for a C150 to carry a small A bomb in a suitcase.

and how is this different from having the gov't scatter like hens when a
small car approaches? It's not like you have to approach very closely
with an A-bomb.

Jose
Old May 11th 05, 10:08 PM
kontiki

Jose wrote:
Not that I'm advocating violation of the law, but remember how it worked
in grade school - if =anybody= chews gum, =everybody= has to scrub the
floors. The result is that the =kids= themselves beat up anybody who
chews gum.

Is this the kind of world we support?

Jose

Well stated sir. All of this because the blowhards is Washington have abrogated
their responsibilities and now the peons must pay.

Old May 11th 05, 10:11 PM
george

Haven't you ever made a mistake?

Why would you, and the others on this board, immediately jump on the
governments bandwagon?

1) You don't know if these guys are morons or not.
2) There are probably less than 1,000,000 active pilots in this
country - that's a tiny proportion of the general population.
3) The government is going to do away with us, based on number 2,

just
because we are a tiny minority, AOPA or not.

Boy. Talk about over reaction.
A C152 with 2 SOB ain't going to be carrying a hell of a lot more.
A case of lousy navigation it would appear.
How many in here have been somewhat wayward at odd times?
Was there a flight plan?

Old May 11th 05, 10:15 PM
kontiki

W P Dixon wrote:

WOW!
One would have to be pretty stupid to fly over DC in todays world. I
can understand the "No Fly Zone" policy, but I can't understand why all
the cops in the area have to act like Soviet paratroopers are descending
around Washington Monument.

Yeah, well it was a student pilot for God's sake. Lets Burn him/her at the stake.

When onboard the USS Iwo Jima we almost had to shoot down a small GA
plane in the Med. He invaded our airspace, after the second warning
battle stations were called, all the cool anti aircraft machine guns and
missles came online. The Captain had them try him one last time and he
waved his wings and turned around. I often wonder if he actually
realized how close to dying he was.

A military vessel at sea is a lot different than US city that is supposed
to be the epitome of freedom in the civilized word.

So I can agree with most and say the DC police act like a bunch of
bent out of shape Campfire Girls running around screaming , but if a US
Warship has protected airspace..shouldn't the Capital of the US? What
excuse could a pilot give in VFR conditions for being to close to DC? Oh
I didn't know what DC looked like? I agree with the take their license
away.

As I said, it was a stedent pilot... sheesh. And why not shut down the
airspace around all US cities while we are at it? After all, Don Daley
destroyed an airport in Chicago proportedly because of the "threat" of
these dangerous GA aircraft.

The news channels were saying that it would take the plane 90 seconds
to reach the Capital or White House from the 3 mile radius....bet that 3
mile becomes 10 miles soon. We can thank this latest idiot as well as
the Governor of Kentucky's pilots!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech