In Flight Malfunctions and Emergencies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th 04, 12:28 AM
Rocky

"Dr. J Dana Eckart" wrote in message du...
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 18:46:19 -0500, Bart wrote:

On the first convulsion, she pushed the collective down. I'm
used to that by now, because no matter how many times I tell
people to stay away from it, they always seem to sit on it.
Then she did something no one's ever done. With each convulsion
forward she'd lean into the cyclic. She did it with such force
that it surprised the hell out of me. You would of thought I was
playing tug of war with a 220lb guy for how much force it took
to hold the stick steady.

WHY would you leave the copilot controls installed when carrying a non-pilot
passenger in that seat? What happened to you is the very reason I was told
that you want to ALWAYS remove controls unless the person sitting in that
seat is qualified to use them.

Dr J.
In working machines we often didn't have time to remove the duals, or
it was just too much trouble to do so. I've always guarded the
controls carefully when I had ANYONE sitting where they could reach
the active controls. Yes it can get hairy at times but I've never had
one taken away from me nor ever lost control of one due to someone
else moving the controls accidently or on purpose. Got roughly 8000
hours working in rotorcraft spread out since 1967.
Flyinrock