chain of events

Old March 13th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
KM

Default chain of events

On Mar 12, 4:57 am, "mike regish" wrote:
When did this happen?

April fools day.

Scary story.

Old March 13th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
KM

On Mar 12, 4:59 am, "mike regish" wrote:
Capt. Doug has credentials and credibility as well as a long history on this
group.

Do you?

mike

Capt Doug has a long history of pulling your twinkie.Mike, if you
think he is credible why does he not have a valid email address?Why
can he not tell us who he works for?I have come onto this list from
time to time over the years because I am on other Google lists and I
found this one by accident one day.I fly GA on my time off so it has
held my interest.Some of my freinds are GA pilots and I have alot of
respect for people who fly just for fun. I enjoy reading some of the
threads and the links that people post.I am always looking for
interesteing places to fly to.Prior to this thread I have NEVER
claimed to be anything, but as soon as someone ask, I posted what I do
and who I work for.I also have a valid email address for this list.The
intrepid capt doug cannot do you the courtesy of an honest answer.Why
dont you go through his posts (Especially the ones about Boeing
products) and tell me which ones are true.Does his outlandish story
make sense to you?Why didnt we hear about it in the news? If it was
invetigated, there would be a link to the NTSB report.Why has that not
been posted?
So I dont have a history because I dont post much.Does that mean I
shouldnt take issue when someone casts my profesion in a bad light?
It is kinda funny that Doug called my profesionalism into question,
and yet HE is the on posting about reading the newspaper and whatching
movies in the cockpit.

Old March 13th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"KM" wrote in message
Ill save you the time Doug.To respect the guys privacy, I wont mention
his name, but his intials are KH.Log onto the ALPA website, go to the
council 81 (SLC) homepage and there is his email.It so happens that I
have flown with him several times so he would be well qualified to
tell you what a jerk I am.

Watching this group, and also r.a.homebuilt, I have seen what can happen
when someone takes umbrage to another. There are still pending lawsuits
flying between a couple of posters in r.a.h. Personally I have better things
to do than taking the time to explain to my chief pilot why some bozo poster
is trying to cause me trouble by calling him with some silly argument. You
may laugh because that may not be your intentions, but I have seen it happen
to others here several times. For that reason, I don't post personal
information, and I caution you to do the same.

As for your accusations, I am supremely confidant in my professional
standing in the pilot community. I am also supremely confidant that I am a
bigger jerk than you could ever hope to be. If you still don't believe me,
I'll call my buds at your airline and we can meet.

D.

Old March 13th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"KM" wrote in message
I have been through two masive rounds of
concesions.I was thinking more along the lines of a Kia.Its cheaper
AND easier to spell.

Kia? Is that like a Yugo? Maybe you'd better keep it. My second job pays
decent.

for this story to be true, it
would pretty much have to amount to careless and wreckless operation
by two airlines crews. This makes us look stupid.Is that what you
really want? Joking is one thing,But there are people on this list who
do not have enough of a backround in aviation to understand what goes
on in the cockpit of an airliner

Now, now... We both know that there are pilots in our exalted ranks who
should've been weeded out sometime ago. A few of my colleagues are just
plain stupid. It isn't my style to sweep things under the carpet in order to
maintain an image. I tell them to their face that they are stupid, in a
diplomatic way. I can understand your desire to defend our profession from
assaults by ignorant persons, but I prefer to open things up for discussion
so that the newbies are exposed to alternative viewpoints before they form
opinions.

I recounted the story as it was told to me. I am sure some of it is
embellished, but the incident did take place. You are familiar with ASAP?
That's as much as I can say until the ERC issues a final report. I will say
that some of your misunderstandings may have to do with thinking that Airbus
avionics have the same cues and terminology as Boeing's. I am told that
there are differences but I haven't flown a Boeing with full EFIS.

D.

Old March 13th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"KM" wrote in message
It is kinda funny that Doug called my profesionalism into question,
and yet HE is the on posting about reading the newspaper and whatching
movies in the cockpit.

You never even once read a newspaper or magazine while in cruise flight?
Be honest.

D.

Old March 13th 07, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

It's not the credibility of a poster that counts, it's the facts. When in
doubt, verify. And when reading something on USENET, _always_ verify before
making practical use of anything you've read. Credentialism is dangerous.

Old March 13th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Capt.Doug writes:

Watching this group, and also r.a.homebuilt, I have seen what can happen
when someone takes umbrage to another. There are still pending lawsuits
flying between a couple of posters in r.a.h. Personally I have better things
to do than taking the time to explain to my chief pilot why some bozo poster
is trying to cause me trouble by calling him with some silly argument. You
may laugh because that may not be your intentions, but I have seen it happen
to others here several times. For that reason, I don't post personal
information, and I caution you to do the same.

Any call to anyone about USENET posts is usually just dust in the wind, but
unfortunately people who know nothing about USENET tend to take such calls
much more seriously, and assume that Something Terrible has happened when they
learn of someone posting to a newsgroup. Overreaction is the norm.

Then again, overreaction is the norm for many USENET posters, too, especially
the newbies.

Old March 13th 07, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Why would there be an NTSB report?

I'm starting to think you might be Bertie reincarnated.

mike

ups.com...

Old April 7th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jimbob Jumpback

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:43:23 -0000, Dylan Smith

On 2007-03-10, Dave S wrote:
I once was a volunteer fireman for about 10 years... in that time, we
had a big snake go slithering up equipment in a substation one night.

The 'can on the pole' transformers can go with a pretty big bang too.

One night, I got back from Brazoria with a couple of friends. I was
flying a Piper Arrow - I'd just let my passenger out, and was standing
on the wing walk.

Suddenly, a brilliant flash got my attention as one of these pole
transformers exploded - a big flash, a huge shower of sparks like a
large firework, followed by a loud 'kerpow' as the sound finally
reached us. All the lights went off, and we had to put everything away
with only our feeble flashlights for lighting.

What you witnessed was likely an explosive line fuse. These fuses are
usually mounted on the same pole as the transformer. Transformers
rarely explode, but it does happen. Usually though, the line current
exceeds the rating of the fuse and the fuse explodes to open the
circuit. This prevents the transformer from exploding.
--

Jim in Houston
osPAm

Old April 7th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip

On 9 Mar, 04:34, Mxsmanic wrote:
Jay Honeck writes:
We had a Cherokee Six declare an emergency here last week. He was on
an Angel Flight from Texas, and started icing up badly. Then his
engine lost power (carb ice?) and he was down to 200' AGL before he
was able to restart it.

He got down okay, badly shaken. The guy didn't even have a coat --
one of the line guys lent him his...

What about his passenger(s)?

what about the fact that the automatics fjukked up wannabe boi?

Bertie