Earth's Magnetic Poles

Old April 4th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

Default Earth's Magnetic Poles

This entry contains some interesting information I had not considered
until reading the thread, "Why the Hell...(Random Rant)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...eclination.gif

Living in the Northern Hemisphere, I have maintained an awareness of the
North magnetic pole, but hadn't considered the location of the South
magnetic pole..

Look at the deflection in Africa and Europe, and the deviation at
Thailand.
Old April 4th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

On Apr 4, 1:36 pm, john smith wrote:
This entry contains some interesting information I had not considered
until reading the thread, "Why the Hell...(Random Rant)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...eclination.gif
[...]
Look at the deflection in Africa and Europe, and the deviation at
Thailand.

That extra zero variation looping through Africa is quite a surprise.
Thanks for the link!!

Kev

Old April 4th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 4, 1:36 pm, john smith wrote:
This entry contains some interesting information I had not considered
until reading the thread, "Why the Hell...(Random Rant)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...eclination.gif
[...]
Look at the deflection in Africa and Europe, and the deviation at
Thailand.

That extra zero variation looping through Africa is quite a surprise.
Thanks for the link!!

Kev

Yeah the shape or path it takes is kinda weird, but if there's an Agonic
line on one side of the globe then it makes sense that there's one on on the
other side.

Jay B

Old April 4th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

On Apr 4, 10:55 am, "Kev" wrote:
On Apr 4, 1:36 pm, john smith wrote:

This entry contains some interesting information I had not considered
until reading the thread, "Why the Hell...(Random Rant)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...eclination.gif
[...]
Look at the deflection in Africa and Europe, and the deviation at
Thailand.

That extra zero variation looping through Africa is quite a surprise.
Thanks for the link!!

The Wikipedia article is part of a conspiracy covering up the oft-
stated fact in books on the paranormal that the only two places with 0
degrees variation are the Bermuda Triangle and the sunken location of
the lost continent of Mu. :-)

Old April 5th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

The Wikipedia article is part of a conspiracy covering up the oft-
stated fact in books on the paranormal that the only two places with 0
degrees variation are the Bermuda Triangle and the sunken location of
the lost continent of Mu. :-)

What I have done is enclose the magnetic compass in a soft iron metal
box... Since then it has never varied, even when flying near
Bermuda...
BTW, I am a graduate of Moo U...

denny

Old April 7th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Gee, I thought that the agonic line stretched around the
world, did not know it was only in the BT.

oups.com...