Old October 10th 03, 01:11 PM

David Megginson wrote:
: In my Warrior, I have yet to see a wing drop in a stall at all. I
: don't want to risk a spin or snap roll by stalling severely
: uncoordinated, but nothing that I am willing to do -- various
: combinations of fast stall, slow stall, power-on, power-off, wings
: level, banked -- will drop a wing or really do anything other than
: make the nose buffet up and down a little.

The Cherokee I fly has more or less the same tendencies, but it's
heavily dependent on the CG. The PA-28's have a very forward CG, which
makes them "auto-recover" so to speak from the stall. A bit of
buffetting, nose drops slightly and breaks the stall. Try it with a more
aft CG (than the usual full tanks and 1 or 2 people up front) and it gets
a bit more aggressive. I wouldn't recommend anything but a simple stall
in that more aft (Still in Normal, but more aft than Utility)
configuration, as spinning could be bad.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *