Old January 4th 05, 03:15 PM
Robert M. Gary

markjen wrote:
I am not wedded to the need for a twin. I am looking for something

that
can give me 200 KTAS, can seat 4 to 6, has recent avionics, weather
detection (i.e., WX-500), autopilot and deice. My partner and I can
probably put together about $250K (max) for this plane. Any

suggestions
would be appreciated.

There is only one plane I know of that can meet these constraints:

P210.

A 210 will spend more time down than flying. Most A&Ps think of the 210
as their kid's college funds.

A later model Mooney (Ovation, etc) would be a good choice. The rear
seats on the later models are much larger than the mid (201) models,
and certified known ice is avialable (TKS).
A Bonanza would be a great choice. I know they offer a complete TKS
(world's best deicing system) but I'm not sure if they're certified
known-ice or not yet.

In general, I'd try to stick with TKS deicing system. Boots are always
troublesome because they can leak and only protect a very small amount
of the wing at the leading edge. The TKS system drips deicing fluid all
the way down the wing. There are several known-ice certified TKS
installations.
-Robert