Old April 23rd 04, 01:33 AM
Stu & Kathy Fields

In a little sky-earth-helicopter situation in which I started as pilot and
ended as passenger, the trans was pulled out of the frame taking a bunch of
bolts with it (didn't bust the aluminum casting!! I'm still amazed) and the
blades, tho not in a condition useful for anything but a "Don't do this at
Home" display were still intact.

Stu Fields Safari builder X2
wrote in message
I was told by the factory IP's to put it in to the right (pilot side)

after
the auto. This would cause the transmission to rip off
aft rather than coming forward into the cockpit.

You would think that the blades or drive would fail before the trasmission
mounts.

Pilot on on the left is better for lift work, better collective control

when
looking out the window.