Old December 11th 03, 03:08 AM
vincent p. norris

When kids stop playing with airplanes, they stop dreaming about flying... :-(

Jay, I think it's the other way round: When kids stop dreaming about
flying, they stop playing with airplanes.

Kids play with toys that already interest them, not vice versa.

Like it or not, "history marches on." Aviation is not as romantic as
it was when I was a kid. Pilots no longer wear helmet, goggles, and a
silk scarf. People no longer rush out of their homes to watch
airplanes fly over, as they did when I was a kid.

Youngsters today have no idea who Lindbergh was, or Jimmy Doolittle,
or even Wrong Way Corrigan. The Derring-do exploits of aviators are no
longer on the front pages of newspapers. Why should kids be
interested in aviation?

vince norris