Old March 24th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 2006 Annual -- My 8th "Owner-Assisted" Inspection

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message

I have an old Pointer with no panel switches. I believe that this new
remote requriement is to be sure you have an easy way to activitate the
ELT should it not go off when it should. I was surprised how easy it was
to set one off just by holding correctly and swinging it at arms length.
No force required.

The ELT is a mass, and you are accelerating it by "swinging it at arms
length".
That is a force, by definition.

Perhaps you meant "no impact/jolt required"?

Jeff Shirton (PP-ASEL)