Old May 24th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

Default Fuel Prices For The July Pilgrimage

"RST Engineering" wrote:

I'd like a consensus opinion from the newsgroup denizens who use any
of the popular "fuel pricing" websites as to the one that they find
the most accurate. My personal favorite over the last few years has
been Airnav, but I'm willing to be persuaded that there is better.

Reason being, about two months from today a lot of us will be coming a
long distance to The Money Hole On Lake Winnebago. My best estimate
right now is that it will cost slightly north of 1 AMU to pump the 182
from GOO to OSH and back. There are a lot of people from both coasts
who are going to spend at least a significant fraction of that and
possibly more.

Let's pick ONE site and keep it absolutely up to the minute current
from our local area at least through the week of The Show.

Jim

I know, I know. "consensus opinion" goes in the same sentence as
"herding cats".

AOPA has fuel pricing through Anywhere Map which has access costs of $30
per year... Gots to be an AOPA member too for the discount... Course
they get their data from: http://www.100ll.com

Golden Eagle Flight Prep has a link to fuel pricing (its a free download
from http://www.duats.com/cirrus.shtml or http://www.flightprep.com )
They link to AirNav for fuel pricing...

EAA is linked for fuel prices through here and made requests of the
membership to keep it current and list your favorites for flying to
Aventure 2007: http://map.aeroplanner.com/tools/fbomap.cfm Requires at
least a Premium subscription of $12.95 per month or $119.95 per year...
Also "rideshare" through he
http://www.airventure.org/rideshare/default.asp

So I really didn't find anything new... Maybe we need to list airports
within walking distance of mowgas and bring our fuel cans? ;-)