Old December 26th 07, 11:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter Clark

Default Aspen Avionics

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 08:03:10 +0000, Peter
wrote:

If you have an autopilot, the old attitude indicator must remain in
place to provide pitch/roll information to the autopilot. The Aspen
people are not interested (for the moment) for certifying with any
autopilot.

Of course that only applies to attitude based autopilots, not
rate-based autipilots, which most of the people here would have (a-la
ones which pull from the turn coordinator - from what I can tell
everything S-Tec, and the KAP140). From what I can tell, in the
market they're looking at, the KFC225 and the like is an exception
rather than the rule.