Old April 17th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

Default Front Electric Sustainer

On Apr 17, 7:44*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

It does look like a very elegant system.

I just thought of one other benefit of the system..... *If your tow release
fails, you may be able to cut it with the propeller... : ) *or perhaps you
would reel-in the rope and catch up with the towplane. *If the towpilot then
releases at just the right moment you could slingshot up another couple
hundred feet! *... OK, my mind is wandering in strange directions this
morning...

Paul Remde

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message

I see that the webpage now has pictures of the latest design, with a bigger
prop, and a more streamlined attachment to the spinner. *Also a video of it
running at Aero.

After the flight tests this summer, it will be interesting to get
information about its real world climb rate and range.

http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com

I'm thinking a bungee/sustainer launch would be fun. Use the bungee to
get the initial altitude, and then fire up the sustainer...

Pete