Old December 9th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Liam

Default More on AF 447

I'd just read that article and thought the same. The guy's tens of
thousands of feet in the air going 100 knots and pulling back because
he's worried about losing altitude, absolutely amazing.

On Dec 8, 4:13*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
A summary *of the accident investigation report is hehttp://forums.theregister.co.uk/post...08/flight_447/

The summary references this annotated transcript:http://www.popularmechanics.com/prin...ppened-aboard-
air-france-447-6611877?page=all

I haven't seen references to it anywhere else (maybe I don't get out
enough) but it deserves a read, especially as I have seen it written that
many GA pilots are being taught that the way to recover from a stall is
"open the throttle and pull the stick back to maintain altitude". Didn't
work this time!

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK