Old July 29th 10, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default O&R clarification with remote start

Chris, don't quote me on this but I think what you'd have to do is:

Launch from Home Airport.
Fly 10km south to the Start point.
Fly 250km north to Turnpoint 1.
Fly 250km south to the Finish.
Fly 10km home to land.

--Noel

On Jul 29, 10:38*am, chris wrote:
I wanted to clarify something about an Out & Return route.

My planned flight is for a 500k O&R. * I want to use
my home airport as a remote start,
fly 10km south to turnpoint 1
fly 250km north to turnpoint 2
fly 240km south and finish at my home airport [same as the remote
start].

Does this fit the FAI sporting code for an O&R definition? *The
wording says something about a route with one turn point. *But if you
mix in a remote start&finish along the first leg do you then end up
with 2 turnpoints?

Is there a fai document that shows remote start options with drawings?

Chris