Old January 18th 05, 03:04 AM
BTIZ

does this archer have the standard engine installed?? then I would not think
that there was an RPM limitation.. if there was an STC for a larger or
different engine prop combination, then that may require the red arc area...
and I agree.. this sounds like something from an Arrow with 3 prop blades..
if there is no documentation of the requirement in the aircraft logs.. then
it is an improper marking on the glass face..

BT

"Greg Esres" wrote in message
A student has an Archer II that has a red arc painted on the glass of
the tach between 2150 and 2350 RPM. The POH makes no mention of a red
arc.

I'm thinking that either the tach came out of an Arrow (which has a
red arc in this range) or some A&P confused the Archer with an Arrow
and painted it on.

Does anyone know of any legitimate reason for an Archer to have a red
arc, other than max RPM?