Old August 26th 04, 11:23 PM
Matt Whiting

Bob Moore wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote

Can you give an example of a skill or two that you would learn from
flying a two-pilot crew that increases skill in single-pilot
operation?

Being required to develop a plan and brief that plan to other
crewmembers will increase the likelyhood that a single pilot
will also develop a plan and review that plan for himself.
I taught CRM in the airline enviroment for several years and
now apply those principles to my single pilot personal flying.
When I administer a flight review, I often ask the pilot to
tell me his plan for accomplishing a particular maneuver and
when I get a quizzical look, I then know that he has no plan.

Bob Moore
ATP CFI

I brief myself by talking out loud, but I didn't need to fly with
another pilot to learn that. I'll give you partial credit though! :-)

Matt