Old May 15th 05, 09:40 PM
Helowriter

The Saudi 406s based on the OH-58D were new-build too.

Understand the evolution, but I suspect the MELB-derivative for ARH is
also going to be pretty far from the OH-6A. The MELB is supposed to
have a better aft cabin door, and we haven't seen what the Boeing/MDI
ARH cabin yet.

The crashworthiness comparison has always seemed to favor the OH-6A
over the 58A/C. I don't believe either airframe has gotten a whole
lot better since those first models. You can argue that 58Ds have just
gone through safety enhancements including some seat improvements. I'm
curious to see how both teams address the crashworthiness issue.

HW