Old January 26th 09, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Selling Aircraft

On Jan 26, 1:37*pm, Mike Adams wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
You can still fly light sport if you have a drivers license
and can self certify yourself safe.

Did they ever fix the Catch 22 on the light sport pilot that you can't
qualify with a drivers license if you've ever failed a regular flight
physical?

At that point though you really have to ask yourself why you should
care. So you putt around in your light sport. If at some point the FAA
finds out that you were once denied a medical you say sorry and put
your money into a bigger boat. I've never heard of a case in which the
FAA has actually given a pilot a prison sentence. As a pilot, CFI, and
aircraft owner I follow FAA regs to the letter. I do it because I have
a lot to lose. But if I were an old guy with a denied medical I would
no longer have anythnig to lose, so I'd say "screw 'em".

-Robert