Old November 29th 05, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Saratoga Gear Retract Problem

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:19:54 GMT, john smith wrote:

I have a seneca 3. My problem started out like that, easy to sort of fly
with. Then it got worse. Sometimes wouldn't at all retract, or just
partially then pump would go off.
We, flushed out and changed fluid, swaped up and down relays(they are
the same), measured pump pressure, changed pump/motor, gear was in no
way binding. The last thing checked was an over pressure limit switch
that was going faulty and shutting the pump off.
2000 Saratoga? Mmmmm, nice.
Our gear is probably similar in design?? Good Luck.

John, which engine on the Seneca drives the hydraulic pump?

The electric one bolted to the top of the powerpack-think Meyer snow
plow.

(Sound of Homer Simpson "dope slap")
Can you tell I'm not a multi-pilot? :-))