Old June 27th 04, 03:36 AM
Richard Lamb

pacplyer wrote:

(OSKI 3) wrote in message ...
I don't know how many folks I have talked to, do NOT know about.
Bounty paper towels (MICROWAVE/COOKING). I have used these for 15
years and have not had to replace a windshield yet. These towels are
specifically for Microwave use and have No metal recycled crap in them.
A lot better than trying to find used socks to do the job. This is just a hint
and not an ad for the Company. I DO NOT work for them! Just thought
I would pass along for what ever it is worth. Get in touch with the Company
and they will verify if you need reassurance. Ok all you no it alls, FLAME
Away.

Bill Oparowski
N10SX
N101SX

Flame #1: Use Lemon Pledge for your windshield. It's cheaper than old
clumps of Mirror Glaze, works better and the FBO's in the desert that
use it have never had to replace a windscreen due to scratches (even
with students.) It leaves a slight flim on the surface of your
polycarbonate (plexiglass)which suspends abrasive particles. But use
the cheapest plain towels at CostCo. I DO work for them on commission,
so you must send me a dollar every time you clean you windshield this
way. ;-)

pacplyer - out

p.s. Microwave towels are the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Just
take a bowl of water and nuke it for four minutes. Wait a while so
you don't loose your vision to water explosions. Microwave cleans off
like nothing. Or be stupid and spend your money on microwave towels.
It's the same thing.

How's that for a flame? ;-)

Where do I send my bucks?

Richard