Old March 26th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default TR182 cost of ownership - maintenance, etc.

Peter Duniho wrote:

BTW, I don't recall the official designation off the top of my head, but
I've always used the term "182RG" to describe a retractable gear Cessna 182,
and would normally call a turbocharged version a T182RG. I admit, it gets
confusing if you want to include the model letter as well, but just a
heads-up that you may not always see it called a "TR182".

Officially a retractable 182 is an R182. The turbo model is the TR182.
It is common to see 182RG and T182RG but to Cessna these are wrong.