Old August 19th 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_10_]

Default Trig TT21 Transponder ... reports?

On Aug 19, 12:10*am, sisu1a wrote:
BTW ADS-B products used in contests are going to be "interesting" for
the poor CD to deal with, ... not just worry about somebody getting
weather reports. I'd expect Flarm to have that though out given their
existing "stealth mode" and logging of that mode setting.

Couldn't a pilot just have 2 Flarms, 1 to turn stealth mode logs in
with and a separate one to leach with?

-Paul

You can always try to sneak prohibited equipment into your glider in a
contest - like an artificial horizon, XM radio weather, etc. Be
prepared to get penalized if you get caught.

I do wonder whether contest rules eventually will require pilots to
disable ADS-B receivers that don't have a contest mode - or will just
accept the leeching, "heads-down" and stealth (turning off your ADS-B
transmitter) behavior that would result from broad adoption of
technology that lacks a contest mode.

Another argument in favor of PowerFlarm for competition flying.

9B