Old March 8th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

WJRFlyBoy wrote:
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 00:46:47 -0600, cavelamb himself wrote:

Thx, I understand the federal and statutory history but, I don't believe,
that is the issue here.

Here is my personal example. I don't have the expertise or time to kit or
plan build. These planes are, at least, the equivalent or superior to the
major manufacturers. If they are not, then I don't understand why the FAA
would allow them.

Yet I can't buy a completely built kit/plans plane. If this isn't to
control the entry plane market place (or the maj mfgs market), then why is
the restriction imposed. I understand all the philosophical and why ppl
have immense pride in their own-builds but that is not relevant to the
issue at hand.

Cessna goes to China to get the Skyscraper at a reasonable price. Yet we
have USA built planes off better value that are restricted from my purchase
because I can't flip fiberglass?

Actually, jst to keep the record straight, you CAN buy an X-AB airplane.
But the biulder can not build and register another of the same kind.

That puts him in unfair competition with the certified manufacturers
who went to the expense and trouble to certify their airplanes.

Appreciate the comment. If certification has value, why does this put him
in unfair competition?

Because it takes time and money.