Old December 30th 03, 09:27 AM
Bernardz

In article ,
says...
Bernardz wrote:

:In article ,
says...
:
: We've now added invisible anti-aircraft installations
:
:Never said it would be invisible.
:
:What I said is that because there will not be time to clear the anti-
:aircraft equipment in this case the planes would be flying into them.

And why is that?

Missiles and artillery are hitting the city. We must move immediately.

:The closest example I can think of is Israel in Yom Kippur war were
:because of the immediate demands of the war meant that Israeli planes
:early in the war had to fly into very dangerous regions.

That's because they were trying to blunt an attack on themselves.
What is going to give the US such time-urgency in an invasion of
Elbonia that they won't take the time to clear the obviously visible
air defences first?

As above

: and lots of deep
: caves to the mix with the magic technology cruise missile.
:
:These sort of cruise missiles have been available for years.

Oh, really? So where can I buy a few thousand of these $10k cruise
missiles,

I would suggest that any medium size country could put something
together.

with their precision guidance, terminal radar homing, spread
spectrum datalinks, etc?

To hit a city large you don't need any of this. All a V1 had was a
simple revolution meter. Of those not shot down half hit London. I am
sure a rather simple device could now be constructed that could do a
better job.

: You have no idea how silly all this sounds to people who actually
: build weapons.
:
:Tell me?

Very.

Now, if you want to change the rules of the game and play 'North
Korea', that's a different matter.

--
A terrorist kills for publicity.

24th saying of Bernard