Old July 7th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Standards for H.P. corr. factors ??

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 7, 1:39 pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

I am much more of a theoretical engine guy than a real engine guy, and

IIRC
it took a little effort on your part to set me straight on the thermal
limits of the VW heads; so I have faith that you will help to clear up
whatever misconceptions I may have on this as well.

--------------

Dear Peter,

The magnesium crankcase is referred to as aluminum, old, used parts
are referred to as 'factory new,' bearing shells are installed atop a
splatter of spray-paint... But the humor has more to do with the
overall incompetence of the video rather than the fallacious
statements. The video is larded with hilarious Mechanical Sight-Gags
that can't be described without losing the essence of the humor; you
NEED to see it for yourself.

The Beer Fountain erupted when, upon completing some mundane task, the
assembler puts thumb to forefinger and gives the camera a close-up
'okay' for all the deaf-mutes in the audience. Doing it once was
funny but the second time even Old Stoneface cracked up: 'This guy
makes Dubya look like a Whiz Kid.'

Giiven the nature of the medium -- the ability to re-shoot a take
until they got it right -- it's hard to understand why they would
leave in so many scenes showing them doing things wrong. That caused
a bit of discussion, some arguing that it had to be a put-on... until
someone pointed out that they probably HAD re-shot and edited TO THE
BEST OF THEIR ABILITY. Which makes the video a ****-up of truly
monumental proportions.

Like I said, you've GOT to see it. This thing is a collector's item.

-R.S.Hoover

The search for a copy is now under way!

Thanks,
Peter