Old October 20th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize GeneralAviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

What voltage do those cars use? I assume it's more than 12V. If so,
you'll have to series connect several solar panels to match what you
need. And then, if it's an oddball voltage, you'll have to build your
own charge controller to keep from overcharging. And then, does the
battery type used require a constant voltage or constant current to
charge them. If constant current, you will have to build your own
current source. None of this is un-doable, just some dinking around.
If the voltage required is quite high, you will have a fair investment
in solar panels...

Edward A. Falk wrote:

In article . com,
Jay Honeck wrote:

Sounds good to me.

Me, too.

I could live quite happily without freeways. In fact, given my 6 mile
(round trip) commute each day, I'm considering an all-electric car as
my next vehicle.

All-electric cars have the problem of limited range. I'm thinking of
a plug-in Prius for my next car. It's an electric car for short trips,
and a hybrid for long ones. With solar panels on the roof to charge it,
it becomes pretty green.

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/