Old February 16th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Need help with a problem in our PA28-140

Prime wrote:

Mike, thanks for the feedback. One comment, at previous times the boost
pump clicking would usually stop once pressure was built up in the
lines. When this problem occurs the clicking never stops. I don't think
that's normal, since it doesn't occur when we get a "normal start"?

Although I believe this is unrelated to your problem, it does not sound
normal in the opposite way you are describing. I believe they should
never stop running.

It has been many years since I dismantled an electric fuel pump, but I
believe these pumps have a spring loaded internal bypass valve that
maintains pressure. They are made to run constantly. If they stop, that
indicates a problem.

Wrenches?

Good luck,
Mike