Old July 12th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default autofuel and ethanol in cincinnati area

I am based in El Monte (KEMT). I notice in Los Angeles area, the
effective period is from Oct. 1 to Feb. 29. I know the only sure way
is to test before fill up. But does that mean no ethanol need to be
added from March 1 to Sept. 29?

M wrote:
BTW due to the phase out of MTBE, these days chances are pretty good
that ethanol is ONLY found in areas where oxygenated gasoline is
required, or in states where ethanol is mandated in gasoline. The
reason is supply and demand. Since the phase out of MTBE began this
year there's a big shortage of ethanol that drove up the already
subsidized ethanol price to something like 50c above wholesale
gasonline price. It'll be hard to image any oil company blending
ethanol into gasoline in aeras where ethanol isn't absolutely mandated.

M wrote:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/steo/pub/special/oxy2.html shows the areas
that require oxygenated gasoline, which means ethanol these days. It's
a bit hard to decipher because some areas listed in table 1 are now
exempt according to table 3.

However this is NOT a complete list. You better test your fuel using
the simple method described on Petersen's website.

noname wrote:
I just moved to cincinnati and curious about the status of ethanol in
the autofuel in the area.

Is there a web site that shows what cities and/or counties that have
ethanol in their autofuel?

Are there any airports in the Cincinnati area that sells autofuel?

Thanks

Dave