Old August 26th 04, 10:34 PM
Richard Herring

In article , CB
wrote

"Peter" wrote in message
news

"B S D Chapman" mail-at-benchapman-dot-co-dot-uk wrote

I just wish they got the
engine reliability sorted out.

What's wrong with diesel reliability?
Are you aware of known issues
or does it just remain to be proven?

Apparently Cabair are having lots of trouble with their DA40tdi's.

General reliability, stoppages while airbourne. Unpleasent excitement!!

Still, that's why the DA42 has two )

An aircraft owner who is still within the two year warranty isn't
going to talk publicly about his problems, especially if it is a high
profile business. As I know only too damn well, one has to go back to
the official dealer for practically everything so one needs to
maintain a good relationship with them. So, even allowing for the fact
that only a very small proportion of pilots are "online", we aren't
going to find out much about what is going on here for a few years.
But there is no way you would get me to buy this product now.

There are two ** really major ** black holes for money he the
diesel engines and their electronics, and the glass panel cockpits.
Both are almost entirely untested as far as a variety of operating
patterns around the world is concerned.

Maybe in 3-4 years' time.

and unless some people are prepared to test out the new technology then we
never find out what it can do.

Right. They are generally called "test pilots" and trained and rewarded
accordingly. They aren't what the Marketing Dept. refers to as
"punters".

Thanks for your contribution to aviation
development, its much appreciated.

And yours is, O Anonymous One?

--
Richard Herring