Old December 12th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
John Weiss

Default HUD view of a near-miss

"Ross Richardson" wrote...

I was once flying over Lake Texoma in North Central Texas at 2500'
( ground elevation is ~ 750') and 3 C-130s went UNDER me. That was
interesting.

I was coasting in (south TX, late 70s) on a published low-level route where
it crossed another one. I was in an A-4 at 500' or so, and a B-52 passed
under me.

There also used to be a segment of another route in NV (early 90s) where 2
routes ran in opposite directions. They were supposed to be deconflicted by
the controlling agency, but it didn't always work. I was in an A-6 at 200'
and passed under 1 A-10 going the other way (really -- they weren't JUST
slow!) and abeam his wingman.