Old May 6th 04, 12:02 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On 05 May 2004 22:34:39 GMT, (Teacherjh) wrote:

Lastly, it beats the hell out of me why anybody would care that DIYAD is
13.5 DME from HUO. Given the crossing angles, I could see that being on
the localizer and 20.8 DME from SAX is a good way to identify NISSN, but
being on the localizer and being 13.5 DME from HUO is pretty worthless
as a way to identify DIYAD. GPS is wonderful :-)

Diyad is also on the LOC.

Yes, it is. And the best information from the localizer is "left or right of
course", which translates roughly into "too far East, too far West". To
augment this and get an actual location, you need something whose best
information is "too far North, too far South. DME from SAX does this (since
SAX is roughly South). DME from the LOC (if it's available) is even better.
However, DME from HUO (which is to the West) is going to tell you "too far
West, too far East".

But you already know this from the localizer.

Jose

According to my interpretation of the Jepp chart, DIYAD is formed by the
intersection of the HUO 094R and the LOC; or by the 13.5DME point on the
HUO 094R