Old March 21st 05, 12:32 AM
Kilo Charlie

"1MoClimb" wrote in message
oups.com...
Fiveniner and KC will tell you or your grieving family that it's at
least a macho way to go!

J7

I don't know you Herb and you don't know me so why post personal insults
like this? Just to make sure that you understand things.....I am a
pediatric intensivist and have seen many, many children die. You are sorely
mistaken if you somehow think you know more than I about grieving.

You and some of the other safety proponents just do not get it. You are
swallowing hook, line and sinker any and all proposals that have the word
"safety" attached to them without eversomuch as questioning whether in fact
they may be safer. Using your reasoning we should do away with gaggle
starts and thermaling with more than one glider.....I have been closer than
you described on numerous occasions in both of those situations.

JJ has attempted to approach this from a CD perspective and in that light
would agree that the CD of the contest you are describing had to accept some
amount of responsibility for tasking in such a way as to allow this conflict
to occur. All of us supporting the gate finish feel that a final common
(steering) turn is important and that "hooking" the gate no longer is
acceptable.

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix