Old March 18th 05, 07:00 PM
Mike Kanze

Ed,

Wouldn't have liked to do it on a regular basis.

Especially over the Gulf of Tonkin, night, low state, dancing deck, no
tanker airborne, dodging tstms and misguided attempts by rookie controllers
to marshal you over Hainan Island. g

--
Mike Kanze

"When we talk to God we are praying; when God talks to us, we are
schizophrenic."

- Lily Tomlin

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:15:20 GMT, "Glenn Dowdy"
wrote:

"niceguy" wrote in message
thlink.net...
It was never a competition!!
We did it because it was our job and duty.

And probably because you had nowhere else to land. The man asked a simple
polite question: there exists/existed a naval aviator who had more carrier
traps than anyone else; who was he and how many? No one is claiming he's
the
best/greatest/whatever; it's just a matter of stastitics, Mr. Anonymous.

Glenn D.

It is an interesting question and worthy of a better response than
that offered by "niceguy"--which seems to be rendered oxymoronic by
the offering.

Having seen more than a few (hundred) naval aviatiors wearing various
"Centurion" patches, this old AF driver knows that logging lots of
traps was something that most guys were very proud of.

I only managed to ride through 3---two Phantom and one COD during a
visit to Forrestal. And, those were clear weather, bright sunshine,
calm seas in the Med. Wouldn't have liked to do it on a regular basis.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org