Old September 15th 03, 11:03 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Chad Lemmen wrote:

I'm wiring some avionics that use shielded wire that needs to have the
shield terminated into a connector. Is it best to solder a wire to the
shield or crimp a wire to the shield so that I can put a connector pin on it?

According to the "Acceptable Methods" manual (I can never remember the AC
number), the disadvatage of a wire solder joint is that it might break due to
vibration fatigue, but it is never acceptable to add connectors to extend wire.
I would solder the wire to the shield.

George Patterson
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that cannot
be learned any other way. Samuel Clemens