Old March 29th 10, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default barnyard, its on your head....

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:38:41 +0200, Tom De Moor
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I want it as my across australia transit machine. the performance it
gets out of an O-235 means that I can fly from one side of australia
to the other side in a long day's flying. I've been after a machine
with this capability for something like 10 years now.

Not wanting to spoile a party but if you have spent allready 10 years on
finding the RV-3, how many will you need building one from plans? Sadly
nobody is getting younger and very few of us get fitter in the process.

gee your post is a load of rampant pessimism.

I've been looking for a fast aeroplane for 10 years. trouble is that
most have absolutely deplorable flying characteristics.
Barnyard Bob did truely cause me to look at it just recently and I had
to agree with him. the RV3 is a little gem.

If a 1-day-Oz-transit machine is wanted, me thinks you should buy a
airline-ticket.

Van's are great, but the sheer amount of work equates to minimum 5 years
if all goes well (a plan build even longer), a major investement while
risking your mariage (when SWMBO finds out the RV-3 is single-seater).

who cares what the bloody wife thinks. I own a W8 Tailwind and in 10
years she has flown with me once.

Never imagine that because you don't count your time, the plane will be
'cheap' to make.

If you want to build, build. If you want to fly, buy.

Due to the actual economical climat good RVs go for less they cost to
make. Even a trip to the US, finding one and the aventure of getting
into Oz becomes interesting but not yearconsuming. Staggering is the
number of RVs people worked on for 5-10 years, finally get it done and
only to sell within the first 100 Hr of flight without even covering
their investement.

blah blah blah. how many people have you turned off building over the
years? must be quite a few now.
sadly your advise, the commonly held opinions of many who dont fly, is
********. I fly as a way of life. ...as a bum private pilot.
In the workshop is a J1B Auster under restoration, a Druine D31
Turbulent under construction, and I've been after a tin aeroplane to
build. The RV3 has what I'm looking for.

seriously, you want to get a life, go flying and stop the pandering of
bull**** advise. get active and get airborne.

Stealth Pilot